Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 vs Philips X2/27 Fidelio
Feb 9, 2016 at 1:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

GreenII

New Head-Fier
Looking for an upgrade from my old Sennheiser 555s (I dont think theyre even in production anymore).

I've been eyeing a couple of sets: The Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 (over ear, wired),  and the Philips X2/27 Fidelio. 

They are obviously significantly different types of headphones. The momentum being closed and geared toward mobile, and the X2 being open and mostly for home use. I'm willing to compromise the mobility and style of the Momentum 2.0 if the X2 is significantly superior for movies, games, and game soundtracks (vocals arent quite as important).

I'm really interested in the Momentum 2 for it's looks and mobility, but I dont know how the sound will compare to my old 555s. It's a leap from sub 100$ headphones to 300+ ones
I dont know how much of that extra money goes toward style and build, or overall better sound quality. I hear that it has a very broad soundstage, and isnt too shabby on bass either. Are the momentums a significant sound upgrade from 555 in these respects?

The Fidelio X2 has my eye for potential gaming and movie viewing as well as music(mostly soundtracks). My impression is that it would deliver somewhat more punch than the Momentum 2.0 in terms of bass, and overall power, as well as be a little better in terms of comfort, at the cost of mobility and some style(I still think the X2 looks nice, just not wear in public nice). Do the X2 deliver an overall more punchy bass, and bigger sound than the Momentum 2.0? Is there a huge difference between the two in terms of sound? How would they compare to my current 555s?

I'm having a really hard time deciding between these two. I Hope someone out there has had experience with both of these, or enough knowledge about them to tell me which gives more bang for the buck in terms of sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back