Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 or M2 Wired
Mar 31, 2015 at 3:08 PM Post #31 of 221
I'm really torn between the M2 and the P7. I wonder if the soundstage on the m2 is decent. I use my headphones for movies and music so I enjoy a large soundstage with good deep clean bass.

The P7 seems to excel with movies but comfort is a problem for me.

I find the M2 to be more comfortable than the P7, and the bass was better in my opinion.  They were fairly similar otherwise, there are likely some differences but I didn't take enough time to really work through them.  

Mar 31, 2015 at 3:37 PM Post #32 of 221
I would recommend Fidelio X2 excellent sound stage and SQ if you purchase X2 suggest upgrade cable. The M2 SQ is ridiculous for a $349 HP it sounds like a $99 HP I just returned my M2

Mar 31, 2015 at 3:45 PM Post #33 of 221
  I would recommend Fidelio X2 excellent sound stage and SQ if you purchase X2 suggest upgrade cable. The M2 SQ is ridiculous for a $349 HP it sounds like a $99 HP I just returned my M2

The X2 is open, so you would expect it to have a better sound stage, but comparing the M2 to a cheap pair of phones is a bit nonsensical.

Mar 31, 2015 at 4:13 PM Post #34 of 221
I have compared to KEF M500, NAD Viso, Audio Technica M50x, HD598 and all outperform the M2 in Sound Quality, sound stage I suggest Sennheiser design team to re design Momentum since you have introduced On Ear, Over The Ear, M2 Momentum and it still sounds  poor. I used all my headphones with Ibasso DX90 (source) Line Out and three different amplifiers during comparisons all resulted in the Momentum being outperformed.

Please justify   technical and performance parameters for $349 cost of M2.  The HD598 provides superior detail and instrument location than the M2.

Mar 31, 2015 at 4:43 PM Post #35 of 221
To add a perspective here, I auditioned the first gen. Momentums vs the AT M50x for three weeks in my home, and the Momentums were hands down the better headphone. So I have a hard time believing that the M50x would somehow best the second gen. Momentum.

The M50x had a more expansive soundstage vs the Momentums and greater treble extension (albeit an artificial sounding treble), but the Momentums annihilated them in smoothness, refinement, bass clarity, musicality, and overall enjoyment, IMO.

Mar 31, 2015 at 5:56 PM Post #36 of 221
  I have compared to KEF M500, NAD Viso, Audio Technica M50x, HD598 and all outperform the M2 in Sound Quality, sound stage I suggest Sennheiser design team to re design Momentum since you have introduced On Ear, Over The Ear, M2 Momentum and it still sounds  poor. I used all my headphones with Ibasso DX90 (source) Line Out and three different amplifiers during comparisons all resulted in the Momentum being outperformed.

Please justify   technical and performance parameters for $349 cost of M2.  The HD598 provides superior detail and instrument location than the M2.

You can't compare the sound stage of an open headphone to a closed one, surely you know this.  In most cases an open headphone will have a superior sound stage, just by nature of the design.

And this is ultimately a personal preference, it seems you dislike a warmer sound with relaxed treble, but that doesn't mean the Momentum M2 is a bad headphone, it's just not for you.  An opinion is not fact.

Mar 31, 2015 at 6:26 PM Post #37 of 221

I must agree with your statement. I did comparing between the first generation Momentum and the Philips Strech ($80). The difference in the sound quality was unnoticeable.

So I just don't understand why some people are saying the sound quality of the M1/M2 is amazing/great...

Mar 31, 2015 at 6:40 PM Post #38 of 221
Yes, it is my opinion (Sound Quality) but that the new Momentum Sound quality  is inferior to other headphones that sell for less and Sennheiser does not even include a second headphone cable without phone controls. 

Mar 31, 2015 at 7:40 PM Post #40 of 221
I must agree with your statement. I did comparing between the first generation Momentum and the Philips Strech ($80). The difference in the sound quality was unnoticeable.

So I just don't understand why some people are saying the sound quality of the M1/M2 is amazing/great...

Again this thread is about the M2. I assume you have not heard the M2.

Mar 31, 2015 at 7:44 PM Post #41 of 221

Thanks for your opinion.....Had M50x 2x, had NAD HP50 and without a doubt the M2 bests the M50x. The HP50 is an awesome hp but the M2 bests it buy a small margin to my ears. The M2 is my portable go to hp pick.

Apr 1, 2015 at 6:44 AM Post #42 of 221
Hi 

Just got the Sennheiser Momentum M2 Wired, ordered directly from Sennheiser the Android version but they sent me the Apple (no big deal)

1st decent headphones I have owned, previously had the Beats Pro's, Lol

Anyway to my question

Do any of you know where I could get a premium cable from?

Does not need to be android compatible

Thanks

Apr 1, 2015 at 8:15 AM Post #43 of 221
  Hi 

Just got the Sennheiser Momentum M2 Wired, ordered directly from Sennheiser the Android version but they sent me the Apple (no big deal)

1st decent headphones I have owned, previously had the Beats Pro's, Lol

Anyway to my question

Do any of you know where I could get a premium cable from?

Does not need to be android compatible

Thanks

I ordered this one off Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KAU0G0O/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I just wanted something a little more substantial than the stock cable.  You can probably pay for something that claims to sound better, but I wouldn't waste your money.

Apr 1, 2015 at 10:58 AM Post #44 of 221

I ordered this one off Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KAU0G0O/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I just wanted something a little more substantial than the stock cable.  You can probably pay for something that claims to sound better, but I wouldn't waste your money.

Nice one for the heads up

I will check to see if Amazon UK has it 

Apr 1, 2015 at 9:12 PM Post #45 of 221

Again this thread is about the M2. I assume you have not heard the M2.

Yes, I haven't heard the M2. But what I have read  the sound quality of the M2 is very similar to the M1.

I well remember the Night Visions album by Imagine Dragons wasn't a good experience with the M1. That sounded even worse than with the Philip Stetch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back