Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 or Audio-Technica MSR7 for mainly epic music?
Sep 26, 2016 at 9:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Spyro-N7

New Head-Fier
I know for this kind of music the open backed headphones are ideal because you need great soundstage, but I can afford only one pair and I want to be able to listen to music while traveling too and I can get a pair under 200 Euro. What would you choose between these two and why? 

Sep 26, 2016 at 9:34 AM Post #2 of 9
Well from a quick google search of what epic music was (didn't know that was a genre) and a quick listen on youtube, I would have to say the Sennheiser Momentum would probably fit the bill better due to it being more suited to the music. There really isn't much mid range required (no vocals?) and I also feel like the treble and bass play a bigger role because of the instruments that were used. However I personally like the Audio Technica MSR7 more but that's just my opinion. If you can I would highly recommend to try them out yourself and see which one you like more.

Sep 26, 2016 at 9:42 AM Post #3 of 9
I would definitely try them if I had a place where to, but for now I live now in a tiny town. When I'll live in a bigger city very soon I should be able to find a bigger electronic store and try headphones as many as possible. 

Sep 26, 2016 at 7:43 PM Post #4 of 9
I would suggest trying MSR7, it got lots of favourable reviews for its audo quality and midrange (although it may seem bright - see Innerfidelity review), but if your main music genre (I had to google it too) is predominated by bass and treble, then Momentum may suit you.

Do you have any possibility to go to a bigger town now and find a store to audition the gear before purchasing it?
Alternatively there is a 15-day return policy on Amazon if I'm not mistaken.

Sep 26, 2016 at 8:50 PM Post #5 of 9
These two headphones are legendary in the price-range. Both have earned a lot of respect and review well.

If you want a brighter sound, go for the MSR7. If you want a slightly warmer sound with a bit more bass, go for the Sennheiser.

I can say the M2 is built of better material than the Audio Technica. Hence the usually higher price. When it's on sale, the Momentum is such a steal.

Sep 28, 2016 at 10:10 AM Post #6 of 9
Next month I will go to Berlin and see if I can find a store nearby where I'll be. Epic music has a lot of orchestra and many songs have female vocals, so I'm not sure if the headphones must lean towards more bass. 

Sep 28, 2016 at 10:15 AM Post #7 of 9
Ok in that case I would recommend the ATH MSR7 over the Sennheiser Momentum. I didn't know there was vocals in them since the demo songs I listened to didn't have any vocals at all.

Sep 28, 2016 at 2:32 PM Post #9 of 9

Users who are viewing this thread

Back