Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 G (HTC One M8 with Android), volume controls misbehaving
Apr 10, 2015 at 1:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

drey08

Head-Fier
Hey guys,

Is there anyone else that has an Android, and an HTC One M8, that owns the Momentum 2.0 (Over-Ear) G model?

They're fantastic so far (I owned the on-ear 1.0 model for ~1 year), but the volume buttons are actually causing track skips rather than changing the volume.

I did manage to once accidentally lower the volume via these controls, but it almost seems like it was a special combination of keys..

It's really weird.

Perhaps it's the app's fault? This was using the Tidal App. I haven't tried Spotify with it, if it really is an app issue.

Apr 10, 2015 at 1:50 PM Post #2 of 3
Not many 2.0 owners yet. I would ask here and see if anyone knows: http://www.head-fi.org/t/749606/sennheiser-momentum-2-0-and-wireless

Aug 25, 2015 at 9:19 PM Post #3 of 3
Hello. I have new Momentum M2 headphones that are supposed to be Android-compatible. Testing them with my HTC One M8 phone, I had a similar problem with the in-line controller as the original poster.  The plus-&-minus buttons don't change the volume; instead, they change tracks.  And they do that in an unexpected way:  the plus button goes to the previous track, and the minus button goes to the next track.

With this phone, the center button does mute and unmute the sound, but the button is hard to find by feel, without hitting one of the other buttons.  Pretty disappointing for a $350 set of headphones.

With my MacBook Pro, the center button works OK and the others do nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back