sennheiser MM 450-x with iphone 5
Dec 14, 2012 at 12:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

bertopl

New Head-Fier
is anyone using the MM 450-x with an iphone 5? I recently picked these up for use while traveling and I'm enjoying them a lot. however, the built-in controls on the earcup with my iphone 5 doesn't seem to work according to the instructions. skipping songs forward and back, adjusting the volume up and down work great. the talk-through feature works too and is awesome. but the main button that is supposed to pause / play the music or answer phone calls when the iphone rings doesn't do squat. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, if I have a bunk pair or what. if this pretty essential control doesn't work with an iphone 5, it could be a deal-breaker. is anybody using these headphones with an iphone 5 able to utilize all the controls? I know bluetooth headphones aren't very popular in these parts so I'm not sure how many people are using this combo but it's worth a shot!!

-- berto

Dec 19, 2012 at 1:38 AM Post #3 of 3
actually, I just discovered that all the headphone remote functions work with slacker radio. I mainly use audio xciter as my default music player, I never use the stock music app anymore. I sent in a support request to the app developers so hopefully if slacker can be fully controled by the headphones, I hope they can make their app do the same. I have to say, for bluetooth headphones, these senn's are great!! will definitely be my main traveling and work pair and the battery life is pretty impressive too.

-- berto

Users who are viewing this thread

Back