Sennheiser M2 IEM vs Beyer Byron wired, which one?
Dec 8, 2016 at 11:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

battleaxe

100+ Head-Fier
I noticed that both of these are around the same price, while being being light weight, small-ish and solid enough for light gym duty. I prefer my sound to lean more on the balanced side, while not being overly colorful in sound(the more natural the better). I also prefer better instrument separation. I've seen a few reviews of the Momentum IEM, and some said it colored a bit, others said no. I haven't seen much on the Wired Byron IEM, so I am not sure how they sound, but the standard BT(not the BTA) variant has been getting mostly positive reviews. I prefer to have a mic as it makes things easier for me.

Is there anything else I should be looking at in the $50 range that would meet my needs? I also was thinking about the ATH--CKX9iS, but reviews say those are bulkier headphones and the Klipsch R6i(maybe x4i it is okay amp free), but may have microphonic issues(I know my X5 did). Also the R6i are suppose to be replacement of the S4i, which I wasn't too hot on after comparing them with my old X5(which I would really just love to repair as the cables are went bad).

Dec 8, 2016 at 7:14 PM Post #2 of 6
How is the durability of either product? I've had Sennheisers before and they have lasted me over a decade, but not to familiar with their IEM(besides the CX300) and never owned any Beyerdynamic products before. 

Dec 8, 2016 at 7:15 PM Post #3 of 6
How is the durability of either product? I've had Sennheisers before and they have lasted me over a decade, but not to familiar with their IEM(besides the CX300) and never owned any Beyerdynamic products before. 

Jan 25, 2017 at 10:01 PM Post #6 of 6
I tried them at Jaben, along with a bunch more other earphones of various qualities, including Sony and JVC, more expensive Bayers and newcomers in the same price range like Rockjaw. I was initially tempted by the Byron because nice price, and small and comfortable.
Sadly the sound did not match the Rockjaw at the same price, they are kind of "Bayer-lite" in that they have the warm Bayer sound, but weaker and without any particular strengths. The best I could say is that they are inoffensive, but although the price was tempting the final product just didn't impress at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back