SENNHEISER INVITES YOU TO BE PART OF HISTORY - (Seeking participants)
Nov 20, 2011 at 10:53 PM Post #91 of 183

Quote:
So who is going to make the speculation thread for this secret headphone ? 
biggrin.gif

Judging by the recent trend, it will either be a new low-to-mid tier can, or it will be a new flagship that costs twice as much as the HD800.

Nov 20, 2011 at 11:20 PM Post #92 of 183
Mad about music of all types and was a budding audiophile since the time I was 10 years old. I am extremely passionate about high fidelity in music reproduction and have over 30 years of listening experience. Throughout the years I have lend my ears to various manufacturer listening panels and am a published author having previously written reviews for a prominent online magazine.

And lastly, although it happened later in life for me, I am currently enjoying my quest to duplicate the high-end audio experience via headphones having amassed over 25 different in-ear and over-the-ear models combined in the last five or six years.

Needless to say, it would be a true honor to be part of this Sennheiser listening panel and thank you in advance for your consideration.

Nov 21, 2011 at 12:00 AM Post #94 of 183

Quote:
HE120 ? That would be awesome 

I don't think Sennheiser would send a 15-20k system to anybody but Jude or Skylab.

Nov 21, 2011 at 1:52 AM Post #95 of 183
I was always a budget audiophile. Some years ago, when i had no money at all, I got my first sennheisser MX earbuds, then some time later i got HD 201s and was amazed at their quality. If 20 dollar phones sound so good I wonder how good the HD500's sound. Now, I am eagerly waiting for the the HD558's i just ordered.  I tried many ear buds and headphones over years and i am absolutely convinced sennheisers are the most value for money. If i get a chance to try a higher model from Sennheiser, that too before many people, I will go crazy with excitement.

Nov 21, 2011 at 2:02 AM Post #96 of 183
I don't think Sennheiser would send a 15-20k system to anybody but Jude or Skylab.

From the front description looks like they are going to fly people out the their HQ or something. Never said anything about sending anything, and they would have had an area requirement if they were expecting people to just arrive

Nov 21, 2011 at 2:08 AM Post #97 of 183
I'm a humble teenager in the a growing demographic on Head-Fi. I had a lovely pair of HD600's but I had to sell them a while back for some cash, and I loved them VERY much. It was a sad day in my life. I am always very excited about new technology and I will certainly brag to all of my friends!

Nov 21, 2011 at 2:22 AM Post #98 of 183
Quote:
From the front description looks like they are going to fly people out the their HQ or something. Never said anything about sending anything, and they would have had an area requirement if they were expecting people to just arrive

The wording does indeed seem to imply something like flying 5 people to a private location, but I seriously doubt that to actually be the case for a variety of reasons:

1 - "2 weeks in December" is extremely short notice for flying anyone (let alone 5 people) anywhere, when December is less than 2 weeks away. Such a trip, especially for 5 people, at this point in time would be extremely expensive for any company to cover (flight + accommodations).
2 -  Most people would likely be unable to take 2 weeks out of their regular lives for a trip, and I bet would actually reject the offer if they had to take unscheduled time off from work/school/etc. (2 weeks would be an unusually long time for a "private preview" anyway, if the preview were to take place at a private location.)

There are more reasons I could come up with but I probably don't need to continue. It seems reasonable to conclude that the private preview will involve 5 shipments of the upcoming headphone.

Nov 21, 2011 at 2:58 AM Post #99 of 183
well, I'm not much of audiophile, but I stand on more of the consumer side. If you need a basic responses, reaction and such coming from more of a consumer side, I'd be a good candidate. 

Nov 21, 2011 at 3:38 AM Post #100 of 183
I'd love to take advantage of such a possibility.  I'm not afraid to express my thoughts, but am careful they are expressed in an accurate manner.  I have experience in multiple niches of audio, with most of it coming from home and car audio.  I have been learning rapidly the headphone world, and would love to apply my experienced ears to evaluating a new product.  After all, you shouldn't want a fluffed review off the bat if you're ultimately seeking a flawless product, right?  I aim to report subjective experiences in an understandable and most importantly a fair way, with concrete reference points. I'll compare to audio reproduction, not just headphones.  If that's what you want, come get me :)

Nov 21, 2011 at 4:35 AM Post #101 of 183
Although I have not been in the headfi scene for a long time, I have been exposed to high quality audio at a young age (my uncle had a pair of electrostatic speakers that I would listen to every opportunity I got). I started headfi 2 years ago with the HD438, moved up to HD555, and then the HD800s 1/2 year ago. I've heard several flagship headphones extensively, but still feel the HD800s are superior. I really want to listen to (and maybe provide feedback for) this unreleased headphone, because I feel that Sennheiser will produce another stunning headphone.

Nov 21, 2011 at 4:49 AM Post #102 of 183
In highschool there was one student who always had a passion for audio, he would sit outside quietly listening to his HD555. One day I decided to try his headphones, never listening to anything greater than a $30 pair of Sony's, I put on his headphones and realized just what music should actually sound like. Years later I find myself immersed in the world of high end audio. From listening to headphones like SRH840's all the way to the HD800's, speakers from a pair of Altec Lansings to top of the line Quads and Magnepans and many in between. I now truly know why audiophiles love their hobby, and why we spend so much money, to reach audio nirvana. I joined Head-Fi because I love music, it is one of the few things in life that make it worth living. I don't have many posts but do have a wealth of knowledge from this site and experience. I believe I can now call myself a true audiophile, and would be honoured if Sennheiser would give me the chance to take part, in something so meaningful in my life.

Nov 21, 2011 at 5:11 AM Post #103 of 183
I feel the need to be a free beta-testing online shouting monkey for Sennheiser, maybe they'll finally launch the perfect headphone. I define that as a slightly smaller HD800 without the 6K peak, more sub-bass, softer pads and a jack connector that doesn't break easily. Other than that, it's great!

PS: I just got two NOS HD250 linear II headsets. I hope the last great closed Sennheiser headphone is actually as good as people say, the HD650 and the HD800 were not. :)

Nov 21, 2011 at 6:52 AM Post #104 of 183
I own a couple of high-end headphones, however I have not had the chance to own any Sennheiser headphones, but I have auditioned some. Not only that, but I am an A-level student, and this would look great on my UCAS application, especially for someone hoping to study physics. Not only that, but headphone development may be my field of work, so having this experience would help with my aspiration.

Nov 21, 2011 at 7:01 AM Post #105 of 183
I'm a poor university student, but I love music. I have a 300 GB music collection (mainly made of V0 MP3s), and I've listened to every song in said collection at least once. I listen to music every second of the day that I can. Unfortunately the only headphones I have are a pair that came with my phone, a pair of Altec Lansing Backbeat Pro UHP606s that I got for $20, and a Sony MDR-NC60 that I got on a huge sale. I would absolutely love a chance to listen to music through truly great headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back