Sennheiser IE8's & Shure Yellow foamies?
Sep 3, 2009 at 10:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

FortisFlyer75

1000+ Head-Fier
confused_face(1).gif
I have been round in circles on the many threads about the IE8's tip's, but does anyone know if any of the Yellow Shure foams fit the IE8's as i know for a fact the ones i did have with my E500's gave me a perfect fit, so thought if i can get these on the IE8's that would be great.

All of the supplied IE8 tips are not 100% compatable with my ears like the yellow foamies.

Also noticed the old Ec2 yellow foams are different size fitment to the later E500's foams, so if anyone happens to know that would be great as i will be having a few sessions of sitting next to four Rolls Royce engines at 38000 ft soon, so need the isolation with my IE8's.

Otherwise i will just try some Comply 400's i guess if yellow foams are a no go.

Thanks to anyone in advance who does know if they are compatable with the IE8s or not ; )

Sep 4, 2009 at 6:07 PM Post #4 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by DeusEx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The E500 came with yellow foamies?

If i remember righlty, i either got a pair of yellow foams with my E4c's or the E500's which is how i got onto them in the first place i found they worked best for me for comfort out of all the tips supplied whilst keeping a good balance in the sound Q dept.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yellow? not going to fit without decoring ( which works with olives, bumps the isolation but made them too dark and bassy for me )

shure orange foamies just might fit though

Sorry for being so novice here, but i'm not to sure what decoring with olives thing you are talking about means? not to familier with this methodthe sorry!

Can you still get Orange foams?, i thought they used to come with earlier Shure iem's and can't say i have seen any available recently.

Also not to sure if this helps, but i do have to use the small sleeves when it comes to the silcine type tips supplied with the Senn IE8's and find the next size up the meduim to uncomfortable after a while and they also start to work loose out of my ear. Surpised i have small ear canals with a big pumpkin for a head like mine!

So the small silcone fit comfortably for me, but do not have a good enough seal, and i know the foams i have with the Shure's are great for me fit wise. comfort and sound Q, and think this will be just the ticket for me if i can get the foamies to fit the IE8's.

Make's me wonder actually why Sennheiser just don't make foams themselves for the IE8's?

Sep 4, 2009 at 9:16 PM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

yes they still make the old orange ones

olives are the black foam ones, de coring is just taking the plastic core out of them

Ah, now you have put a space in between the de & coring i am now reading it different, yes that makes sense to me now, Doh! my mistake.

I will have to ask a friend of mine tommorow who just got yellow foamies through the post today and see if he can donate a pair for the IE8 de-coring experiment.

If not i suppose i will have to try the ec2 yellow foams that are different to the other yellow foams or source out the orange foams if they are different to the yellow ones.

I must admit i thought without the plastic core it would not have proper grip on the armiture, guess there will only be one way to find out.

Mind you if you are saying it made the IE8's more dark & bassier, i find the IE8's bassy enough with the adjuster port set to minimum.

Those black olive foams you refer to i tried with my SE500's and found they did not grip in my ear as well as the yellow's.

Thanks for the tip anyway ; )

Might get the isolation i want yet for when i fly in three weeks time?

Sep 5, 2009 at 1:11 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

they are worth a go

btw the tips in my sig are what i use on mine, might be worth trying those

Sorry Mark, which tips is it you use on your IE8? Not to sure what you meant there.

I will be getting hold of the yellow foamies in a few hours to de-core & try out, i will let you know if they work out.

btw... Is there an iem you have not owned, looking at your list
bigsmile_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back