Sennheiser IE800 vs Shure SE846
Mar 30, 2017 at 3:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Audioguy94

New Head-Fier
Hey Headfi

I am a proud owner of both these wonderful IEM's and I was wondering to those who own both or have heard both, which do you prefer? I have asked this question on the IE 800 thread and it seems most prefer the SE846. For me, I don't know what I prefer. The IE 800 is the king of detail, treble and soundstage. However, the SE846 is the king of bass and midrange (due to the forward nature of the midrange and the subwoofer like bass).

For me what it comes down to is the IE800 is more accurate and detailed but the SE846 is more 'fun', I'd say the Ie800 is the better IEM as it does more things excellently, but the SE846 is the most musical so it is the better IEM in that respect

Which do you prefer and why?

Mar 31, 2017 at 8:48 AM Post #3 of 5
  I own both and although its a close race, at the end, I prefer the SE846 for its fun sound signature.

I definitely agree that the Shures sound more fun do to their forward midrange and bass. The Sennheiser has neutral bass and mids IMO. Both are great pieces of kit though... And the fact the Sennheisers are more detailed, have better separation and are more neutral makes them better in their own right. It is for that reason that I cannot say which I prefer

Users who are viewing this thread

Back