Sennheiser IE800 IEM's
Nov 9, 2013 at 9:46 PM Post #1,546 of 7,998
  How do people feel about the treble on these?

I had a set for two months and it was ultimately the treble that caused me to return them (money-back policy encouraged me to return knowing that I could pick them up later). I would like a fuller treble, but the non-fatiguing treble of the ie800 had its positive side as well.

IE800 owners, what do you think?

Sennheiser phones tend to be warmish & dark. 
HD650 is one of the darker phones I have ever auditioned

Nov 10, 2013 at 8:55 PM Post #1,549 of 7,998
  How do people feel about the treble on these?

I had a set for two months and it was ultimately the treble that caused me to return them (money-back policy encouraged me to return knowing that I could pick them up later). I would like a fuller treble, but the non-fatiguing treble of the ie800 had its positive side as well.

IE800 owners, what do you think?

I regard the treble of IE800 being very natural and providing correct timbre. Its certainly not the kind of bright and fatigue treble nor extends extremely high to cause airy or transparent feelings.

Hope it helps.

Nov 11, 2013 at 4:28 AM Post #1,551 of 7,998
Oh fcking Sennheiser.
34€ for ONE PAIR.
http://www.kopfhoerer-ersatzteile.de/index.php/cat/c646_IE-800.html

The Phonak tips give a bigger soundstage, are very soft and comfy and treble is more extended( might be better or worse for some, depending). IMO. And they are dirt cheap compared to the sennheiser scam.
They just get stucked in your ears when you pull out the Inears :wink:

Nov 18, 2013 at 4:39 AM Post #1,555 of 7,998
After about a month of use and at least 200 hrs of break in, the sound of the ie800 has changed a lot compared with the out-of-the box sound.

Treble was a bit sibilant intially, not now at all. Treble is now very smooth.
Midrange is glorious.
Bass is very, very good. Extremely deep, bit no mid bass exaggeration. Perfect, just as I like bass. Surprisingly, on some recordings, it does not sound very bassy at all, but sometimes the bass is massive. Clearly up to the recording, and the ie800 delivers only when it should.

I use a shirt clip, oval medium tips and very comfortable and secure fit. No tea bag crap. Fed directly from IP5s, which actually sounds better than IP5 in the treble.

Anyone who can compare the ie800 sound to the JH16pro Freqphase?

Nov 18, 2013 at 9:12 AM Post #1,556 of 7,998
  After about a month of use and at least 200 hrs of break in, the sound of the ie800 has changed a lot compared with the out-of-the box sound.

Treble was a bit sibilant intially, not now at all. Treble is now very smooth.
Midrange is glorious.
Bass is very, very good. Extremely deep, bit no mid bass exaggeration. Perfect, just as I like bass. Surprisingly, on some recordings, it does not sound very bassy at all, but sometimes the bass is massive. Clearly up to the recording, and the ie800 delivers only when it should.

I use a shirt clip, oval medium tips and very comfortable and secure fit. No tea bag crap. Fed directly from IP5s, which actually sounds better than IP5 in the treble.

Anyone who can compare the ie800 sound to the JH16pro Freqphase?

I think that pretty much describes my experience with the IE800's.  My only complaint would be what I perceive to be a certain thinness to the upper frequencies.  Ideally I'd like to have some more weight there, if that's the right word.

Nov 18, 2013 at 10:16 AM Post #1,557 of 7,998
I too have been a little upset with the RCA800 pricing policy.

When Dr Alex of Sennheiser demonstrated the cable (shown finished with box etc.) back in June at the London meet, he suggested the selling price would be about 75 pound or Euro.  At 149 pounds for the RSA800 cable I thought I'd try the iPhone control cable from my Amperior.

This is available for 39 pounds here http://headphonespares.sennheiser.co.uk/dj-headphones/amperior-silver/extension-cable-with-remote-and-mic.html   

It works as a 3.5mm to 3.5mm extension with buttons and mic added.  This will need a 2.5mm female to 3.5mm male adapter (Nokia code given above) to remove the need for the complete ie800 cable.

So far, I am feeling happier that I can enjoy the ie800 for work incorporating iphone controls.

I thought  a few users might like this solution.  I 'may' still but buy the RCA800 but feel less obliged to now.

Regards

Sceptre

Nov 18, 2013 at 7:05 PM Post #1,558 of 7,998
  I too have been a little upset with the RCA800 pricing policy.

When Dr Alex of Sennheiser demonstrated the cable (shown finished with box etc.) back in June at the London meet, he suggested the selling price would be about 75 pound or Euro.  At 149 pounds for the RSA800 cable I thought I'd try the iPhone control cable from my Amperior.

This is available for 39 pounds here http://headphonespares.sennheiser.co.uk/dj-headphones/amperior-silver/extension-cable-with-remote-and-mic.html   

It works as a 3.5mm to 3.5mm extension with buttons and mic added.  This will need a 2.5mm female to 3.5mm male adapter (Nokia code given above) to remove the need for the complete ie800 cable.

So far, I am feeling happier that I can enjoy the ie800 for work incorporating iphone controls.

I thought  a few users might like this solution.  I 'may' still but buy the RCA800 but feel less obliged to now.

Regards

Sceptre

Excellent idea!! may I know where can I get the nokia adapter from?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back