Sennheiser IE800 IEM's
Oct 16, 2013 at 11:52 AM Post #1,486 of 7,998
  Question to the owners!

Did anyone had troubles with the cable of this model?

I found it for a good price in Ukraine. Considering to purchase, but i am afraid that cable is not fully interchangeable.

Cable is very strong, made from kevlar. I doubt you will have any issues, just don't be too rough, but that's the same with all earphones

Oct 16, 2013 at 3:28 PM Post #1,487 of 7,998
  Cable is very strong, made from kevlar. I doubt you will have any issues, just don't be too rough, but that's the same with all earphones

The problem is that previously i've had IE8 for 4 years.... 3 cables changed. And i wouldn't say that i was using it rough.

Oct 16, 2013 at 6:49 PM Post #1,488 of 7,998
The problem is that previously i've had IE8 for 4 years.... 3 cables changed. And i wouldn't say that i was using it rough.
I owned the ie8 too and the cable quality is completely different between the two, although I do believe sennheiser made a mistake by not adding removable cables.

Oct 17, 2013 at 2:52 AM Post #1,489 of 7,998
I owned the ie8 too and the cable quality is completely different between the two, although I do believe sennheiser made a mistake by not adding removable cables.

OK! Good to hear that cable is more reliable! It's a big mistake and i'm sure they will release updated model with this feature.

Do IE800 sit in the ears well? Not felling out? How much weight adds split part where you connect earphones via 2.5" jack to the cable.

And one more question. Have anybody seen fake ie800 ? Do they already exist?

Oct 18, 2013 at 7:06 AM Post #1,491 of 7,998
While walking,they are not much ergonomic 
confused_face.gif

Oct 18, 2013 at 5:26 PM Post #1,494 of 7,998
The sound quality is one of the best that ive ever heard from IEM but i would like to see if they can make it over-ear like some of shure models, they shud pull back the market immediately, bcoz i can't barely use it while walking, it will fall out after few mins

clip is not helping ?

Oct 18, 2013 at 6:01 PM Post #1,495 of 7,998
I love my IE800's but they're something I only wear for "stationary" listening - mostly at my desk.  They don't seem suited to "active" listening where you're moving around a lot because of shallow insertion (at least for me) and rather significant cable noise.  I'm sure that having a shirt clip would help in that respect (I would love to find one that fits).  Even then, to me they don't seem suitable for a lot of movement.

Oct 18, 2013 at 8:01 PM Post #1,498 of 7,998
clip is not helping ?

I borrowedthe Ie800 from a friend of mine for 2 days, I used it to work in the morning, by walking fast and vigorous movement the earbud will likely to fall out(almost) so i have to adjust every 5minutes. This is quite a big deal considering the nice sound quality but poor fit. If they certainly make it into over-ear like shure models and westone, this thing gonna be a killer. Too bad sennheiser has released them.

Oct 19, 2013 at 4:43 PM Post #1,500 of 7,998
As the Sennheiser doesn't need to much amp power, but most of all a good fit on detail & soundstage, I lean towards the NuForce UDH-100 or the Audio-gd NFB-10ES2.

Who has tested their IE 800 with a desktop DAC/AMP? Any recommendations for a 300-700 budget?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back