Sennheiser IE800 IEM's
Sep 13, 2013 at 12:36 AM Post #1,456 of 7,998
  Oh God, what has the audiophile community come to? Now we have a certain james444 getting people to get wireless sets for a $1,000 phone! What about all those expensive aftermarket cables that make a night-and-day difference sonically? And all those expensive portable amps that dramatically change the sonics of (high-end) IEMs? And what of those mandatory lossless / Hi-Res files?

Head-fi is certainly not what it used to be.

beerchug.gif

Make sure to burn in your wireless adapter.

Sep 13, 2013 at 12:37 AM Post #1,457 of 7,998
Sep 13, 2013 at 10:20 AM Post #1,458 of 7,998
  Oh God, what has the audiophile community come to? Now we have a certain james444 getting people to get wireless sets for a $1,000 phone! What about all those expensive aftermarket cables that make a night-and-day difference sonically? And all those expensive portable amps that dramatically change the sonics of (high-end) IEMs? And what of those mandatory lossless / Hi-Res files?

Head-fi is certainly not what it used to be.

What would you recommend then, as the IE800 doesn't support removable cables. And I understand that I would not get the most out of these iem's with a wireless adapter as I've tried them with an amp and don't get anywhere near the same quality with my Galaxy S4, but I bought the bluetooth adapter for the convenience when I commute to university. Would have bought it earlier if I knew it existed.

Sep 13, 2013 at 12:15 PM Post #1,459 of 7,998

What would you recommend then, as the IE800 doesn't support removable cables. And I understand that I would not get the most out of these iem's with a wireless adapter as I've tried them with an amp and don't get anywhere near the same quality with my Galaxy S4, but I bought the bluetooth adapter for the convenience when I commute to university. Would have bought it earlier if I knew it existed.

I was being sarcastic — you should be absolutely fine even with 192/256 kbps AAC VBR files. In my experience people often exaggerate what aftermarket cables, portable amps & lossless files bring to the (SQ) table. Trying to look into apt-X enabled BT transmitters and receivers is a very good suggestion by jamess444, BTW, if you want to squeeze that little extra SQ juice—though if used primarily on the move in loud-ish environments, even apt-X may not be absolutely essential.

Sep 13, 2013 at 12:52 PM Post #1,461 of 7,998
I also wore mine over ear.

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Sep 14, 2013 at 1:32 PM Post #1,462 of 7,998
I've been using the IE800's for a few weeks now and am very happy with the improvement in sound quality in comparison with my previous IE8's. However, I'm having difficulties with getting a good fit, which is a bit frustrating. Having tried every one of the supplied tips and gently pushing the earphones into my ear, they either pop back out immediately or they gradually slide out after a while. I've also tried wedging the twin-pipe end of the earphones into the cartilage part of my ear, which has had better results when using the round small-sized tips, but they still slide out if I move my head too much. Can anybody give me some suggestions on what else I can try? Are there alternatives tips I can purchase? Thanks in advance.

Sep 14, 2013 at 1:34 PM Post #1,463 of 7,998
I've been using the IE800's for a few weeks now and am very happy with the improvement in sound quality in comparison with my previous IE8's. However, I'm having difficulties with getting a good fit, which is a bit frustrating. Having tried every one of the supplied tips and gently pushing the earphones into my ear, they either pop back out immediately or they gradually slide out after a while. I've also tried wedging the twin-pipe end of the earphones into the cartilage part of my ear, which has had better results when using the round small-sized tips, but they still slide out if I move my head too much. Can anybody give me some suggestions on what else I can try? Are there alternatives tips I can purchase? Thanks in advance.

Have you tried the larger tips and a really shallow fitting seal?

Sep 14, 2013 at 2:04 PM Post #1,464 of 7,998
^ Hi vwinter, thanks for the reply. Yeah, I've tried the large-sized tips with a shallow fitting seal, and I've found it works well as long as I'm sitting down and I don't move my head too much. Unfortunately the earphones start to work loose if I start moving my head or if I get up and walk around.

Sep 20, 2013 at 6:01 AM Post #1,467 of 7,998
Hi everybody.It is my first post here.I'm new at here.I'm from İstanbul,Turkey.I love music.It is my favourite hobby.I can say ''music maniac'' for myself. 
gs1000.gif
 I joined here to learn new informations,reviews and many more.I have some questions.I'm currently have Sennheiser IE800.And I'm looking for Shure SE846 to buy.Generally I'm curious and I love new tastes.

And I make mixes.And share on soundcloud on my profile.Genre:progressive,Progressive House,Electronic.

If I do mistype,sorry everyone. 
Good forums...
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 20, 2013 at 5:50 PM Post #1,468 of 7,998
If we put ie800 in to bundle case just like other iem, ie800 will have too much tention on y split....
3 of my friends who used ie800's bundle case has Y split issue after few months like this

as you can see cable has separated from y split...

So I kind of figured out how to put in to bundle case in safer way.

Here we go~

1) Just put it as we all do.

2) start coiling up toward lead side and stop right there as photo.

3) Then turn back as you can see on photo. 

It will looks like this form the side. and you just  coil up as you do usually.

And Put the plug in to those hole. Then you are good to go!

Sep 22, 2013 at 10:46 AM Post #1,469 of 7,998
Just wanted to note that my IE800s failed on me recently due to a flaw in the jack. I have not had them for very long, so this was a frustrating surprise. Fiddling with the jack helped at first, but I started getting a messy signal that was dimmed and distant. Eventually, the connection just stopped working properly at all. 

As these are for mobile use and I used them as such, I suppose it's possible I may have given them a yank or tug or two without realizing I was doing so. Even so, I am surprised that they experienced a failure in the jack plug, of all things, that I have never experienced with any other IE device, cheap or expensive. Oh well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back