Sennheiser IE800 IEM's
Mar 19, 2013 at 11:55 AM Post #962 of 7,998
Hi guys! i am new in Head-fi...this is really great forum to talk about music and music equipment...read so many thing in here for so long but never have an account before until today...

But i have a question here to ask u guys..i have ordered a Sennheiser ie800...and i planning to either buy a AMP or DAC...i found a great deal of a CLAS dac and a re very interested in pairing it with the IE800...also found some Rsa blackbird & HP-P1...which will be more suitable for the sound of IE800? 

my source is Iphone 5 > MP3 (320kb) , WAVE.....

Love bass... i bought IE800 is because of the BASS....yes... i love DUbstep/techno/house and also POP/ little bit of ROCK / classical...and MORE...

will IE800 be a good pair with the CLAS? have any1 tried it ?

Mar 19, 2013 at 12:41 PM Post #963 of 7,998
Hi guys! i am new in Head-fi...this is really great forum to talk about music and music equipment...read so many thing in here for so long but never have an account before until today...

But i have a question here to ask u guys..i have ordered a Sennheiser ie800...and i planning to either buy a AMP or DAC...i found a great deal of a [COLOR=222222]CLAS dac and a re very interested in pairing it with the IE800...also found some Rsa blackbird & HP-P1...which will be more suitable for the sound of IE800? 

my source is Iphone 5 > MP3 (320kb) , WAVE.....

Love bass... i bought IE800 is because of the BASS....yes... i love DUbstep/techno/house and also POP/ little bit of ROCK / classical...and MORE...

will IE800 be a good pair with the CLAS? have any1 tried it ?

[/COLOR]

Wowsers! You are certainly starting out on top! The ie800's will certainly fulfil your desire for bass. Straight out of iphone 5 they are very good, but scale excellently as your source improves. If you use a CLAS you will also need an amp, as the CLAS is only a DDC/DAC. It should pair well with any of ALO's amps. I really liked my RX mkII/CLAS combo while I had it. Sorry about your wallet!

Mar 20, 2013 at 12:36 AM Post #966 of 7,998
LOL....skull rattling....Damn... u make me feel tempting!!! btw.. overall sound balance is also very important to me... as I not only listen to bass focus song....I still wonder how is the impression of the ie800 and CLAS from u guys...I'll love to get the CLAS.. but I wonder if it make a good pair.. can somebody give me an impression through here or pm I welcome it :D THX!!! this is important for me...

Mar 20, 2013 at 4:50 AM Post #967 of 7,998
If you love bass heavy music you can´t go wrong with the IE800 :) Strongest most visceral bass I´ve ever heard in headphone gear and this includes bass monsters like the full size LCD-2. Neutral? Probably not, but fun? Definitely. After the IE800 I feel 95% headphones sound anemic so I guess I´ll just have to look at ones with strong linear bass in the future...

Mar 20, 2013 at 11:17 AM Post #971 of 7,998
Quote:
HI spkrs! nice to meet u! and ya i know is a DAC....but what i am trying to say is can i use it without an amp? just CLAS&iphone 5 > ie800

No..

With the CLAS you are utilizing the iPhone as a transport only, so Iphone > CLAS > ???(insert amp) > IE800

Mar 20, 2013 at 5:44 PM Post #973 of 7,998
Some IE800 trivia I found from Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDyRlZcx68g

It´s an IE800 launch presentation in Japan that has some stuff that might not have been posted here:

- There´s a picture of the official frequency response, showing very strong bass response
- An explanation of the patent-pending high frequency dampening mechanism that eliminates the peak in trouble all headphones suffer from which should lead to more natural highs
- The representative however claims the sound signature is balanced and bass not boosted (if I understood the video correctly), which doesn´t really go hand in hand with the FR chart shown
- It´s also confirmed they have intentionally went for an emotionally involving sound signature
- There´s a picture of the driver next to a 1 euro coin, looks nice!

Mar 20, 2013 at 9:54 PM Post #974 of 7,998
I'm still waiting for someone to be brutally honest (i.e. no self-confirmation bias so common on Head-fi) about these IEMs, and come out and say that the IE800 are terrible value, overpriced, and in no way worth buying.

Mar 21, 2013 at 5:04 AM Post #975 of 7,998

Just kidding :) (and no I´m not a moderator either)

Well, I don´t think you´ll find a single 500+ dollar IEM where that could not be said. Just depends on perspective. High end means diminishing returns. I did however state that these are pretty poor value in my larger impressions post and hoped Sennheiser would make a cheaper more mass produced version of this eventually. Compared to the 300-400 dollar range IEMs I´ve had in the past (IE8 and Shure 530) these are to me audibly far superior though, with the only question mark being the amount of bass that might not please everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back