Sennheiser IE800 IEM's
Nov 17, 2012 at 4:58 PM Post #466 of 7,998
Take all this with a pinch of salt I could be completely wrong and everyone will hate them.

On testing a new phone you always wonder is this going to be the one that ends your Head-Fi journey of incremental improvements.  After the initial un-boxing excitement of getting a new toy selecting a suitable tip and hitting play on my iPod I was honestly surprised on how musical the IE800's were they just made me smile.  I was worried the IE800 would be highly analytical and neutral like the Fisher DBA2's or other reference audiophile gear.

I'm not sure if it is the all the tech they have crammed in the tiny enclosure's but they don't sound like any other IEM I have heard. They actually remind me of the sound and stage that you get from a high end ear bud like the Yuin PK1 but with the detail you get from a balanced armature IEM if that makes sense.

If you were at all interested in the IE800 I would highly recommend auditioning them so we can get other peoples opinions as I think that Sennheiser might really have invented something new and exciting.

Is my Head-Fi journey over?  Maybe 
wink_face.gif

Nov 17, 2012 at 5:08 PM Post #467 of 7,998
I have a lot more respect now for the regular reviewers I have come to trust on Head-Fi it really is a skill to describe sound quality.

The IE800 to me are unlike anything I have heard before and I may not post much but I have big headphone problem that my friends will attest to.

Nov 17, 2012 at 5:28 PM Post #468 of 7,998
I have a lot more respect now for the regular reviewers I have come to trust on Head-Fi it really is a skill to describe sound quality.

The IE800 to me are unlike anything I have heard before and I may not post much but I have big headphone problem that my friends will attest to.

What previous iem's or headphones have you had prior? I'm curious to know what your previous experiences were

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Nov 17, 2012 at 5:46 PM Post #469 of 7,998
I have a BIG problem only came to Head-Fi to find a good ear bud to replace the Apple buds.

Yuin PK1,2,3
Yuin GA1,2
Blox MC2,TM5
HifiMan RE0, 262
Fischer DB2
Sennheiser IE8, 800
Westone W3,W4
Sennheiser HD650, HD25 II
JVC FX700
Panasonic HJE900

--
Iain

Nov 17, 2012 at 5:59 PM Post #470 of 7,998
How you position ie 800 among all those iem and headphones?
Thx in advance

Nov 17, 2012 at 6:08 PM Post #471 of 7,998
The IE800's only arrived this morning no burn in or brain burn in yet but for so far I really like them compared to the rest of my collection.
It is hard to explain there seems to be something different going on to other IEM's they sound like full size headphones HUGE sound stage.

Again I could be imagining it all as it's a new expensive toy.

--

Nov 17, 2012 at 6:14 PM Post #472 of 7,998
Quote:
I have a BIG problem only came to Head-Fi to find a good ear bud to replace the Apple buds.

Yuin PK1,2,3
Yuin GA1,2
Blox MC2,TM5
HifiMan RE0, 262
Fischer DB2
Sennheiser IE8, 800
Westone W3,W4
Sennheiser HD650, HD25 II
JVC FX700
Panasonic HJE900

--
Iain

Oh how does it compare with the JVC FX 700?

bass quantity and quality
treble quality (how forward and present it is), how extended it is
Presentation - 3D, spacious, soundstage

Thanks

Nov 17, 2012 at 6:24 PM Post #473 of 7,998
Depending on the song the bass is DEEP.  Listening to Nelly Furtado ( don't judge me ) maybe too much but you can still
here loads of detail.

I think I'm just lost in the sound stage it's vast.

Nov 17, 2012 at 6:54 PM Post #474 of 7,998
Well I marked these off my list due to initial mixed impressions, but from what you say, I now have a sparked interest in them again. For daily commute, a more musical or "fun" sound signature is the way I want to go, but I don't want too much bass. Is it still somewhat neutral with maybe a hint of extra bass?

I do also crave for good staging with iem's that can't match my HD800/HE-6/LCD-3 (not really much in this case but still), so if the IE800's truly take it out of the head, it may just be what I need!

I wonder how the RE-600 will hold up to these

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Nov 17, 2012 at 7:46 PM Post #477 of 7,998
Quote:
Depending on the song the bass is DEEP.  Listening to Nelly Furtado ( don't judge me ) maybe too much but you can still
here loads of detail.

I think I'm just lost in the sound stage it's vast.

wow according to what you just said, i could smell the presence of HD 800 somewhere :)) my budget is limited, still deciding between this and UM Miracle, hope somebody help me out.
btw how would you compare this to HD 650 ? i hope it's worth upgrading.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back