Sennheiser IE800 IEM's
Dec 10, 2015 at 12:44 PM Post #4,486 of 7,998
Do not buy IE800s off ebay.
Been there, done that.
Fakes are everywhere. Even from reputable sellers. They usually don't check their stock for authenticity.

Dec 10, 2015 at 2:03 PM Post #4,487 of 7,998
Do not buy IE800s off ebay.
Been there, done that.
Fakes are everywhere. Even from reputable sellers. They usually don't check their stock for authenticity.

I echo Sil3nce's comments.  I'm guessing most of the new ie800s being sold on eBay by Chinese sellers are fake.  That may also be the case with new or used ie800s being sold by American sellers who are not authorized Sennheiser dealers.  If you are thinking of buying a used pair either stick to the head-fi classifieds or at least ask for the serial # and QR Code so you can contact Sennheiser USA to validate authenticity but even that may not guarantee results.  If you are buying used another good idea would be to ask the seller for proof of purchase from an authorized dealer.

Dec 10, 2015 at 3:15 PM Post #4,488 of 7,998
I can only repeat myself, the best way to get a pair of IE 800 is to contact some authorised Sennheiser distributors (you can look them up on the Senn website) and contact them, asking if they can give you some discount. Some of them might give you a decent rebate.

Dec 10, 2015 at 5:43 PM Post #4,489 of 7,998
Sonic Electronix/BuySonic have them from time to time.  Got mine there... awesome deals, authorized dealer, offer some nice perks for headphone enthusiasts.

Dec 11, 2015 at 11:34 AM Post #4,492 of 7,998
  Got mine from an Amazon Warehouse deal for CAD$600. Supposedly used, they were new in package.

Me too, except mine had a box that looked used. I paid just over $500. Last year, however, they were $450....

Dec 11, 2015 at 9:41 PM Post #4,493 of 7,998
i know se856 and ie800 are here are relatively good earphones, where do as rockets stuck up? or not at all? thanks

Dec 12, 2015 at 6:05 AM Post #4,494 of 7,998
i know se856 and ie800 are here are relatively good earphones, where do as rockets stuck up? or not at all? thanks

What are you trying to ask, my friend? 
biggrin.gif

Of course, even 5$ have their own sound and value, but you cannot compare the sound of ie800 and things in a completely other price zone. 

I tried lots of cheaper IEMs, and nothing ever came close. Even Sennheiser's own ie80 is far from being ie800, but it is still an amazing thing on it's own, but way too different of a presentation to even try to compare.

Dec 12, 2015 at 7:59 AM Post #4,495 of 7,998

Compared from my memory of my time with the IE800, Rockets have significantly less bass, arguably not enough (though it's very tight bass, probably tighter than the sennheiser), mids that are some of the best I've heard since the ie800 (but can't be for sure which I like better from memory), and a bit smoother but less prominent treble. From memory, Rockets likely have a deeper stage, but less width and probably slightly better imaging within that stage.

Rockets are also more durable, even without detachable cables. Both cables are stupidly microphonic, as in very very much so.

In the end, they are very different sounding, and where each could be said to have different strengths against the other. So it depends on what you're looking for. If you like glorious mids and very strong bass which leans toward the sub-bass so that it doesn't interfere with the glorious mids and a good proportioned stage, get the is800. If you want a more neutral phone with a fantastic midrange emphasis and very tight and controlled images with a lot of depth and layering, get the rockets. If neither of those sound appealing, look elsewhere =) it's a whole world out there.

Good luck in your search!

Dec 12, 2015 at 1:22 PM Post #4,496 of 7,998
What are you trying to ask, my friend? :D

Of course, even 5$ have their own sound and value, but you cannot compare the sound of ie800 and things in a completely other price zone. 

I tried lots of cheaper IEMs, and nothing ever came close. Even Sennheiser's own ie80 is far from being ie800, but it is still an amazing thing on it's own, but way too different of a presentation to even try to compare.

sorry yes they are different price. is800 should be better in terms of technology.

vwinter thanks

Dec 12, 2015 at 1:31 PM Post #4,497 of 7,998
sorry yes they are different price. is800 should be better in terms of technology.

@vwinter thanks

Price is not that relevant always, but rockets will have less details, less texture and less micro details. 

How much? 

This is up to you to tell how much you hear it. we perceive sounds different, and you might like them better, but in general, IE800 reproduces stringed instruments and cymbals, and other sounds which have a texture, like violins, you can difference types of bows and different types of strings and so on. This is usually the biggest difference between cheap IEMs and expensive ones, I mean, this jumps first in your face. 

Dec 12, 2015 at 3:44 PM Post #4,498 of 7,998
ok thanks, people buy them for 250 euro on ebay without any proof that they are original.

Dec 12, 2015 at 5:54 PM Post #4,499 of 7,998
Yeah. Like u know, i bought them for less.

But i made the right the decision to pay when they did arrive. So i could check that they were originals :).
Thx mister postman XD

Later i even went to an official Sennheiser Dealer and they did approve

Dec 16, 2015 at 6:28 AM Post #4,500 of 7,998
Hey,

Just had some time  to make a Photo of my current Setup!

Sennheiser "Costums" with Custom Cable + Geek Out 450 connected via USB- OTG.

As i said before , the Molds can easily be taken of, also using the Dunu Ear Tips from time to time.

Conclusion = Sweet

Greetings

Florian

Users who are viewing this thread

Back