Sennheiser IE800 IEM's
Mar 23, 2015 at 11:09 AM Post #3,211 of 7,998
Except V6S handles the treble much better than the IE800 which sounds a bit splashy/thin at certain peak, i.e. cymbals

Using what I've read in this thread as a baseline, I've heard similar claims about the IE800 multiple times.

I've also seen a number of people respond to that by saying the treble becomes fuller if one performs a burn in. The most common suggestion seems to be 10-12 hours of higher-than-a-human-can-safely-listen-to volume. As opposed to a more typical burn in process which usually suggests regular listening volumes for 24-48 hours.

Not really sure about those claims, but I'm willing to give it a shot.

Mar 23, 2015 at 11:19 AM Post #3,212 of 7,998
Using what I've read in this thread as a baseline, I've heard similar claims about the IE800 multiple times.

I've also seen a number of people respond to that by saying the treble becomes fuller if one performs a burn in. The most common suggestion seems to be 10-12 hours of higher-than-a-human-can-safely-listen-to volume. As opposed to a more typical burn in process which usually suggests regular listening volumes for 24-48 hours.

Not really sure about those claims, but I'm willing to give it a shot.

Yep maybe you'll like it. Some probably don't find anything wrong with the treble so that's great for them. I do like their lush sound signature aside from that.
Make sure you get a tight fit though, as some claim they are bright sounding when it's actually not.

Mar 23, 2015 at 1:06 PM Post #3,213 of 7,998
Yeah,the treble as mentioned before is a bit thin and splashy with cymbals but other than that i can't fault the sound.I can't imagine what a more clear and transparent iem sounds like,maybe you can hear the singer picking his nose or something.I was gonna say that for $800 the ie800 is a very good value top iem  but sadly that's not the case for europeans.The 1.1 ratio translates to 730 euro which was about $1000 mere months ago.To think that i bought them 15 months ago for 470euro  <<shudders>>.

Maybe ebay sounds like a good option,if you don't mind a bit of gambling that is.

Mar 23, 2015 at 1:27 PM Post #3,214 of 7,998
Happy owner of IE800 here for 8 months now.
Recently been looking into some custom IEMs and was wondering if any of you guys had experience with UE18s or even the 5s (or anything in between..).

Mar 23, 2015 at 2:28 PM Post #3,215 of 7,998
I recently received a brand new pair of IE800 (warranty replacement), still sealed in box. Serial number is completely different so is in fact a new product. I'm thinking of listing them for sale because my commute to work is quite loud and annoying. I live in London and the tube is a hassle. So for that reason I was considering the Bose QC20 for the noise cancelling alone. Price of the IE800 is £600 in the UK.  Willing to shave off a bit off the RRP to sell to somebody who is perhaps on the fence about buying the IE800, but would like to save a bit of money (say £100), still get a 2 year international warranty, even though the product has never been used or touched. If anyone is interested let me know and I'll make a listing.

I would have loved to have kept these but I've recently come into some unexpected bills so I could do more with the money than the product at this point. 

Mar 23, 2015 at 5:40 PM Post #3,216 of 7,998
Has anyone heard of fake/knock off versions of the IE800 being sold on Ebay from a Chinese vendor? Is there anyway to distinguish whether a pair is counterfeit other than actually listening to them?

Mar 23, 2015 at 7:19 PM Post #3,218 of 7,998
Anyone who has experience the 800s powered by ALO The international amp? How was it? Would it be a good match to the 800s

Mar 23, 2015 at 8:42 PM Post #3,220 of 7,998
Mar 23, 2015 at 9:31 PM Post #3,221 of 7,998
what’s the difference from the non+ version?

From the ALO website:
The International+ is the newest generation of our popular portable amplifier The International. Updated features include: Android compatible DAC. Lowered output impedance <1 Ohm. New micro USB connections for data and device charging.

Mar 24, 2015 at 5:37 AM Post #3,222 of 7,998
  Happy owner of IE800 here for 8 months now.
Recently been looking into some custom IEMs and was wondering if any of you guys had experience with UE18s or even the 5s (or anything in between..).

What do you use as source?

I have experience with the whole UE customs line-up execpt the Personal RM (not available here) and female RM.

If you want to achieve IE 800-like sound signature (the IE 800 is, correct seal provided, in fact pretty V-shaped) you should try the UE-11 Pro. The UE-5 Pro also has got a V-shaped sound signature (but less than the UE-11 Pro) but lacks in terms of resolution and speed.
The UE-18 Pro has got a great stage and high resolution but a rather "sppecial" sound signature in the midrange with an at the same time warm and bright signature. Female voices sounded about right but males' sounded alienated. In addition the UE-18 Pro is more focussed on the upper bass than the Sennheiser.

The JHA 16 Pro could also suit your needs but I hadn't have them here yet.

My personal recommendations therefore are getting your hands (/ears) on a pair of UE-11 Pro and JH 16 Pro and test-listening them with a low impedance source (less than 1 Ohm output resistance).

Mar 27, 2015 at 6:23 PM Post #3,224 of 7,998
  Does the IE800 kit include an iPhone cable?

iphone calbe? what do you mean?

i kind of remember that iphone was using 3.5mm jack.

Microphone not, ie800 are not microphone iems, but with the extension of the longer cable, you can fiind and buy an extension cable that includes microphone for iphone.

Mar 27, 2015 at 6:28 PM Post #3,225 of 7,998

Users who are viewing this thread

Back