Sennheiser IE800 IEM's
Dec 22, 2014 at 2:36 PM Post #2,581 of 7,998
I purchased both, with the intention of keeping only one.  However, I have kept both for about a year now.
That should tell you something (It should tell you... I'm broke :wink: ).

That being said, if I could pick only one, it would definitely be the K3003.  I prefer it's treble presentation and, for lack of a better word, texture. 
It has slightly thicker notes that I find more realistic.

Edit:  I do really like them both though

Would like to hear more about the differences between them since I'm thinking about the K3003s as well

Dec 22, 2014 at 2:41 PM Post #2,582 of 7,998
  I purchased both, with the intention of keeping only one.  However, I have kept both for about a year now.
That should tell you something (It should tell you... I'm broke
wink.gif
).

That being said, if I could pick only one, it would definitely be the K3003.  I prefer it's treble presentation and, for lack of a better word, texture. 
It has slightly thicker notes that I find more realistic.

Edit:  I do really like them both though

How is the soundstage on the K3003 compared to IE800?

Dec 23, 2014 at 12:59 AM Post #2,584 of 7,998
If you have a choice between the IE800 and K3003, then don't hesitate to get the K3003. It's kind of kicks ass.
very_evil_smiley.gif

And yes I do love my IE800 and will never sell it. I think it's a marvel and a fantastic product, but the K3003 is just Wow... makes my other headphones/earphones sound like a joke.

Dec 23, 2014 at 1:16 PM Post #2,585 of 7,998
or you can also get AK100 II they are also too good, often it sell for 650$, keep checking ebay. I doubt Sony Walkman nwzzx does any justice to IE800 or roxanne, you must have a good source. Before AK100 II, i had fiio X3 and it sounds like am AM radio after Ak100 II experience.

AK would be better SQ upgrade then roxanne, if you already have IE800 

Thanks man. . Sold out my ie800.. Fetched me an equivalent of 650 bucks. . Now I am getting ak 100 || and roxanne :)

Dec 23, 2014 at 1:28 PM Post #2,586 of 7,998

or you can also get AK100 II they are also too good, often it sell for 650$, keep checking ebay. I doubt Sony Walkman nwzzx does any justice to IE800 or roxanne, you must have a good source. Before AK100 II, i had fiio X3 and it sounds like am AM radio after Ak100 II experience.

AK would be better SQ upgrade then roxanne, if you already have IE800 

Thanks man. . Sold out my ie800.. Fetched me an equivalent of 650 bucks. . Now I am getting ak 100 || and roxanne
smily_headphones1.gif

Obviously we do not like you selling IE800, this is it's thread.

but good decision making, you will love AK100 ||

Dec 23, 2014 at 3:15 PM Post #2,587 of 7,998
  If you have a choice between the IE800 and K3003, then don't hesitate to get the K3003. It's kind of kicks ass.
very_evil_smiley.gif

And yes I do love my IE800 and will never sell it. I think it's a marvel and a fantastic product, but the K3003 is just Wow... makes my other headphones/earphones sound like a joke.

I'm deciding between those 2 right now since right now they are going for the same price on Amazon. Are the IE800 and K3003 that different that you decided to keep both? How does the soundstage compare between those 2?

Dec 23, 2014 at 3:51 PM Post #2,588 of 7,998
Each to their own I guess - I had both IE800's and K3003's and kept the IE800's.
The K3003's are very very good, but too intense for my liking. In contrast, I can listen to the IE800's all day.
Re. soundstage, I don't recall either being better than the other.

Dec 23, 2014 at 5:06 PM Post #2,589 of 7,998

very_evil_smiley.gif

I'm deciding between those 2 right now since right now they are going for the same price on Amazon. Are the IE800 and K3003 that different that you decided to keep both? How does the soundstage compare between those 2?

one that sold on Amazon is K3003i not K3000, I do not like iPhone controls otherwise would have got them for that price

Dec 23, 2014 at 6:52 PM Post #2,591 of 7,998

one that sold on Amazon is K3003i not K3000, I do not like iPhone controls otherwise would have got them for that price

Yeah I've got the K3003, not the i version. I didn't want the remote either.

how did you get it for?

do you know any deals on K3003 version

Dec 24, 2014 at 12:44 PM Post #2,594 of 7,998
How is the soundstage on the K3003 compared to IE800?

k3003 has a small hole along the ear tube, that make it semi open with some leakage and a super wide sound stage.

k3003 has different style as ie800, it generally has the widest sound stage among iem, a high quality elastic bass, a not too recessed nor close mids and a bright treble. The overall tone is smooth and balanced with a feel of transpaency and crystal clarity which is quite specific of it. The bass quantity is lower than ie800 and there is little bass extension unless driven by deck amp. Those who require much bass will find k3003 less than happy. If bass boost filter is used the transparency feeling will be much reduced. It is current hungry and deck amp can drive it to perform better than portable.

ie800 has a stronger bass and much more bass extension. The treble has every details as in k3003 but its style is softer and not too bright. Overall sound is fuller with more overtones. A much nearer listening experience as full size headphones than most iem. Some may complaint its v shape signature against vocal tracks. ie800 also perform better when driven by more power. I think it is general for dynamic drivers.

I think both are among the top for universal iem, just for different preferences. Both are better than se846 for instrumental genres in my opinion.

Dec 24, 2014 at 2:07 PM Post #2,595 of 7,998
k3003 has a small hole along the ear tube, that make it semi open with some leakage and a super wide sound stage.

k3003 has different style as ie800, it generally has the widest sound stage among iem, a high quality elastic bass, a not too recessed nor close mids and a bright treble. The overall tone is smooth and balanced with a feel of transpaency and crystal clarity which is quite specific of it. The bass quantity is lower than ie800 and there is little bass extension unless driven by deck amp. Those who require much bass will find k3003 less than happy. If bass boost filter is used the transparency feeling will be much reduced. It is current hungry and deck amp can drive it to perform better than portable.

ie800 has a stronger bass and much more bass extension. The treble has every details as in k3003 but its style is softer and not too bright. Overall sound is fuller with more overtones. A much nearer listening experience as full size headphones than most iem. Some may complaint its v shape signature against vocal tracks. ie800 also perform better when driven by more power. I think it is general for dynamic drivers.

I think both are among the top for universal iem, just for different preferences. Both are better than se846 for instrumental genres in my opinion.

That vent along the stem is for pressure equalization which in the K3003 has the added (intended) effect of dampening the low end. It's covered by the tips anyway and i would think has little to no impact on soundstage except via controlling bass frequencies rather than being semi-open, which is probably a stretch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back