Sennheiser IE800 IEM's
Dec 15, 2014 at 11:32 AM Post #2,521 of 7,998
Hey, does anyone here have experience with both the ie800`s and Bowers and Wilkons P7`s?, I was looking into headphones and was set on selling my ie800`s for a set of P7`s as I found the highs a tad splashy, didn`t agree too well with the cloth mod and the microphonics kinda killed it for me too :/, yet I recently listened to some Klipsch S4`s just for a change, a set that I used to think sounded really great maybe around 4 years ago as I was just getting into audio, and boy what a sobering experience that was, I really enjoy my ie800`s now so I`m kinda on the fence about selling them now as the sound overall is very very good. If someone could post some quick impressions and comparisons that would be really appreciated, thanks very much in advance.

I have both the IE800 and P7.  

They are very different and have different uses for me.  The IE800 is the better product in my opinion but if you prefer a quieter performance or don't mind teh size and weight of the P7 then they are about half the price - for a reason.  

If I had to choose between them, the IE800 wins.  The P7 beats the P5 S1 & S2, Momentum and HD25/Amperior too. P7's get beaten by Ultrasone Ed9 big time.  And everything gets beaten by the Roxanne if you ever get up there.  But the IE800 put up a great fight with the Roxanne.

All IMHO though.

Regards

Sceptre

Dec 15, 2014 at 1:06 PM Post #2,522 of 7,998
  I have both the IE800 and P7.  

They are very different and have different uses for me.  The IE800 is the better product in my opinion but if you prefer a quieter performance or don't mind teh size and weight of the P7 then they are about half the price - for a reason.  

If I had to choose between them, the IE800 wins.  The P7 beats the P5 S1 & S2, Momentum and HD25/Amperior too. P7's get beaten by Ultrasone Ed9 big time.  And everything gets beaten by the Roxanne if you ever get up there.  But the IE800 put up a great fight with the Roxanne.

All IMHO though.

Regards

Sceptre

What can you say when you compare with Roxannes? Good annd bad things?

Dec 18, 2014 at 5:34 PM Post #2,527 of 7,998
Dec 18, 2014 at 5:56 PM Post #2,528 of 7,998

I live in the US and can't seem to find a dealer that dilivers here. Anyone able to get the RCS800 in the US?

I found this link you can try: custom-cable.uk can ship to the USA

Amperior is 150$ in outlet store, get it and you will also get cable you need.

http://en-us.sennheiser.com/outletstore 
Amperior On Ear Headphones

Dec 19, 2014 at 7:35 AM Post #2,530 of 7,998
If anyone interested in trading stock eartips please send me a PM,

I need Earpads oval Oval Earbuds - Small / Medium, (marked in blue, one size bigger from smallest) and in return can send big ones. Marked in red below.

Dec 19, 2014 at 11:44 AM Post #2,531 of 7,998
Hi,
Does anyone know if Sennheiser has solved the "stiffening cable" issue yet with these?

Just sent mine back for replacement for the second time due to this, the first time being around a year ago. 

I love these earphones, but this is starting to get a bit annoying now!

Dec 19, 2014 at 12:24 PM Post #2,532 of 7,998
  Hi,
Does anyone know if Sennheiser has solved the "stiffening cable" issue yet with these?

Just sent mine back for replacement for the second time due to this, the first time being around a year ago. 

I love these earphones, but this is starting to get a bit annoying now!

I'm on my fourth pair since July and actually don't use them as much as I'd like to, for that very reason. The continual replacement loop, even though the whole replacement process is on Sennheiser's dime, gets old very quickly.

Dec 19, 2014 at 1:25 PM Post #2,534 of 7,998
stiffening cable, falling eartips, risk of broken cables and tons of issues....but I do not care, will manage it somehow. Wear over ear, send them for replacement, somehow manage it, this SQ is worth all the trouble. if one of the stock tips works, then your are set.

only hoping Sennheiser next release will have same SQ and zero issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back