Sennheiser IE800 IEM's
Mar 30, 2014 at 11:04 AM Post #1,775 of 7,998

I haven't sent mine off to anyone for modification but I do have a cable on the way from Peter at double helix.  It's just the lower portion of the cable but I'm also having him create another upper cable that can work with my Shure SE846's.  The lower cable that Peter is making for me will also have a mic/remote button as well.  This way I can easily switch between my IE800's and SE846's and still be able to use the cable for switching tracks on my iphone.  The only thing that is disappointing is that the mic/remote is only a one button remote without volume controls but from what I understand getting mfi is costly.  In any case, I expect the cable/etc from Peter to be a big upgrade over the stock cables with either of the earbuds I own.  Once I get it, I'll make sure to post some pics...  at this point I think I'm still a few weeks away from getting it.

As an FYI for anybody interested, I got an email from Peter today and he sent me a picture of the cable.  Here it is!  I should get it next week...

Mar 30, 2014 at 12:22 PM Post #1,777 of 7,998
Very nice!!! They make great cables there.

How much are they ? How can get I it ? 

How much IE800 realises with this cable ? 

Mar 30, 2014 at 12:38 PM Post #1,779 of 7,998
I believe if you contact Peter at double helix, he can help answer your questions better then I

Thanks but how can I contact with him ?

Mar 30, 2014 at 1:09 PM Post #1,781 of 7,998
Mar 31, 2014 at 2:12 PM Post #1,784 of 7,998
I bought Sennheiser RCS 800 Cable today. It's Sennheiser's IE 800 cable for Android, WP8 and Blackberry. I have a Sony Xperia Z1 Compact, which is an amazing phone, and all functions of the cable works properly. I can take and end calls, increase/decrease volume, play the next track etc. Most Android cables only have the take call button as different phone manufacturers have their own Android OS so volume up/down buttons don't work. Sennheiser did it somehow though. All buttons and functions work, like iDevice cables. Amazing job by Sennheiser. What's great is, if I decide to buy a WP8 phone or a Blackberry, the cable will work with them too. Possibly Apple as well.

Mar 31, 2014 at 5:25 PM Post #1,785 of 7,998
I bought Sennheiser RCS 800 Cable today. It's Sennheiser's IE 800 cable for Android, WP8 and Blackberry. I have a Sony Xperia Z1 Compact, which is an amazing phone, and all functions of the cable works properly. I can take and end calls, increase/decrease volume, play the next track etc. Most Android cables only have the take call button as different phone manufacturers have their own Android OS so volume up/down buttons don't work. Sennheiser did it somehow though. All buttons and functions work, like iDevice cables. Amazing job by Sennheiser. What's great is, if I decide to buy a WP8 phone or a Blackberry, the cable will work with them too. Possibly Apple as well.

How do you find the mic being so low on the cable, at the y-split?

Do you find you have to lift it up to your mouth to be heard, or does it work OK just leaving it hanging?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back