Sennheiser IE800 IEM's
Mar 26, 2014 at 9:33 AM Post #1,757 of 7,998
Hello Kevin -

Thank you for inquiring about our Comply™ Foam Products! It’s great to hear that you purchased some recently for your SE846 – that’s a real nice earphone!

Our engineers have tested the Sennheiser IE800 earphones; unfortunately, they are not compatible with our Comply™ Foam Tips so we are unable to provide you with a solution.

There are many variables and factors that go into our testing procedure including diameter, length of sound port, material of sound port, retention forces, etc... but we are constantly testing and approving new models. You can imagine, with so many different earphone designs it is impossible to fit every one.

I guess they won't work, Damm replacements from Sennheiser , are like $50

Mar 26, 2014 at 9:47 AM Post #1,759 of 7,998
Hello Kevin -

Thank you for inquiring about our Comply™ Foam Products! It’s great to hear that you purchased some recently for your SE846 – that’s a real nice earphone!

Our engineers have tested the Sennheiser IE800 earphones; unfortunately, they are not compatible with our Comply™ Foam Tips so we are unable to provide you with a solution.

There are many variables and factors that go into our testing procedure including diameter, length of sound port, material of sound port, retention forces, etc... but we are constantly testing and approving new models. You can imagine, with so many different earphone designs it is impossible to fit every one.

I guess they won't work, Damm replacements from Sennheiser , are like $50

They don't clip into the proprietary Sennheiser fittings, but the Complys work fine for me. A tip will occasionally come off more easily than desirable, but they are quite usable.

Mar 26, 2014 at 10:30 AM Post #1,760 of 7,998
If someone wanted to ruin their stock tips, I am sure they could strip the silicone off the plastic clip-on tube and stretch a wide variety of tips onto it.

So long as they don't go beyond the plastic tube, they shouldn't change the sound, but if they overshoot it, the soft material could damp the sound a bit. 

Mar 26, 2014 at 8:10 PM Post #1,761 of 7,998
Just got my pair today! When I opened the box, I was rather shocked at how small they were. After reading the reviews it was noted they were rather small, but I guess I just didn't know what I expected. In any case, these are fantastic; it took me a little while to decided which tips I wanted to use, however. My only real wish here is that the cable were longer. I was not disappointed, and I got these for $900 CAD(+tax)!

Mar 26, 2014 at 9:09 PM Post #1,762 of 7,998
Just got my pair today! When I opened the box, I was rather shocked at how small they were. After reading the reviews it was noted they were rather small, but I guess I just didn't know what I expected. In any case, these are fantastic; it took me a little while to decided which tips I wanted to use, however. My only real wish here is that the cable were longer. I was not disappointed, and I got these for $900 CAD(+tax)!

Congrats dude, enjoy at will...

Mar 27, 2014 at 11:16 AM Post #1,763 of 7,998
I do hate to bring up the conversation of amps again, however I must echo what others have said in that the MacBook Pro gives the IE800 a whisky-like warmth, whereas the iPod Classic makes them sound like cold generic lager (only by comparison - there is nothing neither cold nor lagery about them besides!).  More details and complexity shine through when listening via my Mac.  Have a listen to Wintersun: Time Pt 1 to see just what I mean.

Oh and yes, the review is complete.  I only need a means by way of publishing it.

Mar 28, 2014 at 4:24 AM Post #1,765 of 7,998
  I do hate to bring up the conversation of amps again, however I must echo what others have said in that the MacBook Pro gives the IE800 a whisky-like warmth, whereas the iPod Classic makes them sound like cold generic lager (only by comparison - there is nothing neither cold nor lagery about them besides!).  More details and complexity shine through when listening via my Mac.  Have a listen to Wintersun: Time Pt 1 to see just what I mean.

Oh and yes, the review is complete.  I only need a means by way of publishing it.

Doesn't the Mac Book Pro have a very high output impedance? You are likely hearing the bloomy, blurry effects of an under-damped driver. Due to the flat impedance of the IE800, you shouldn't get any large frequency response deviations from doing this at least.

Mar 28, 2014 at 12:42 PM Post #1,766 of 7,998
IE 800 is great IEM. But it's comfortable to use only while being stationary.

Microphonics effect is too loud... So when i walk, music is destroyed by it. Would not reccomend to buy them if going to use them mainly outside.

Mar 28, 2014 at 12:44 PM Post #1,767 of 7,998
  IE 800 is great IEM. But it's comfortable to use only while being stationary.

Microphonics effect is too loud... So when i walk, music is destroyed by it. Would not reccomend to buy them if going to use them mainly outside.

I don't use clip,but you can use it.It can help you about this.

Mar 28, 2014 at 12:47 PM Post #1,768 of 7,998
  I don't use clip,but you can use it.It can help you about this.

I use it. Without it it's almost impossible to use them while walking. Dropping off the ears too quickly.

It helps decrease the microphonics but not too much

Mar 28, 2014 at 12:53 PM Post #1,769 of 7,998
  I use it. Without it it's almost impossible to use them while walking. Dropping off the ears too quickly.

It helps decrease the microphonics but not too much.

Which tip is better for your ear canal,use it.Some users use Complys(T200).You can think about it.

Yes,microphonics is big problem in general,but IE800's sound recoups it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back