Sennheiser IE800 IEM's
Feb 17, 2014 at 5:26 PM Post #1,667 of 7,998
No unfortunately they dont. Theres a cable with mic and volume controls for the ie800 called the RCS 800 or something like that. It costs around 150 pounds in the UK though.

I have been searching for the RCA 800 but unfortunately it does not appear to be available online at all and when I contacted Sennheiser US, they knew nothing of it.  I've ordered a cable from double helix that'll serve as my iphone/android cable.  It's expensive, yes, but I've had Peter custom build me a cable that'll work with both my SE846's and IE800's by making the lower portion of the cable removable with a 2.5mm connection point.  This way I can make dual use out of the cable for both my IEM's.  I'm still a few weeks away from receiving it so when I do I'll post some pics of the setup if anyone's interested.

The only downside to the new remote/mic that Peter offers is that it's not MFI certified, meaning that there are no volume up/down buttons.  It's a bummer for me that it won't have the volume buttons but hey it's better than nothing!  Hopefully in the future Peter will be able to secure some MFI certified remotes that I'll be able to upgrade with.

Feb 17, 2014 at 5:29 PM Post #1,668 of 7,998
  Yes,it is plastic and hard.But,it can be useful for me,because it is small enough for carriying in pocket right ? Trouser pocket ? 

I think about Shure oval case or Westone Monitor Vault.

Well the shure oval case is about 1.4 inches thick vs the westone monitor vault's 1.6 inches thick.  Either are semi pocketable but not nearly as slim as one of the tom bihn pouches I've previously mentioned.

Feb 17, 2014 at 6:24 PM Post #1,669 of 7,998

Well the shure oval case is about 1.4 inches thick vs the westone monitor vault's 1.6 inches thick.  Either are semi pocketable but not nearly as slim as one of the tom bihn pouches I've previously mentioned.

Thanks. 
smile.gif

Feb 17, 2014 at 7:47 PM Post #1,670 of 7,998
I have been searching for the RCA 800 but unfortunately it does not appear to be available online at all and when I contacted Sennheiser US, they knew nothing of it.  I've ordered a cable from double helix that'll serve as my iphone/android cable.  It's expensive, yes, but I've had Peter custom build me a cable that'll work with both my SE846's and IE800's by making the lower portion of the cable removable with a 2.5mm connection point.  This way I can make dual use out of the cable for both my IEM's.  I'm still a few weeks away from receiving it so when I do I'll post some pics of the setup if anyone's interested.

The only downside to the new remote/mic that Peter offers is that it's not MFI certified, meaning that there are no volume up/down buttons.  It's a bummer for me that it won't have the volume buttons but hey it's better than nothing!  Hopefully in the future Peter will be able to secure some MFI certified remotes that I'll be able to upgrade with.

Actually I found it. Expensive though.

http://en-de.sennheiser.com/rcs-800

Feb 17, 2014 at 8:01 PM Post #1,671 of 7,998
Actually I found it. Expensive though.

http://en-de.sennheiser.com/rcs-800

Wow that is expensive indeed!  The one pictured in the link has three buttons, I wonder if they decided to get rid of the RCA 800 and just make it one product?  Either way, I won't be buying one, not until they come down in price.  I'm sure I'll be happy enough with the double helix cable I just bought...

Feb 19, 2014 at 7:31 AM Post #1,674 of 7,998

I've the Westone Monitor Vault on order. Will post back after a few weeks of use. Read some bad thing about quality but thought I'd give them a go. It's only audio money
happy_face1.gif
 not the real stuff!!!

Feb 19, 2014 at 1:02 PM Post #1,675 of 7,998

I've the Westone Monitor Vault on order. Will post back after a few weeks of use. Read some bad thing about quality but thought I'd give them a go. It's only audio money
happy_face1.gif
 not the real stuff!!!

I've had mine for several months now and haven't had any issues...  It's still pretty much as good as the day I got it.  I'm not opening and closing it too much though... probably only use it a few times a week.

Feb 19, 2014 at 1:25 PM Post #1,677 of 7,998
  I use a Pelican 1010 (http://www.pelican.com/cases_detail.php?Case=1010) which comfortably fits my IE800's and a second pair of IEMs, plus flight adapters etc.

Their 0955 Sport Wallet (http://www.pelican.com/cases_detail.php?Case=0955) looks like a good option too - anyone tried this?

I use the 1010 for my Shure SE846's (with custom cable).  The case is huge compared to the Westone Monitor Vault but it does give more room for those of you with custom cables.

The sport wallet looks like it may be too small to fit iem's?  It's only 1.4cm thick in the interior dimensions plus it looks like there is mesh in the inside which probably takes up a lot of that space.

Feb 19, 2014 at 4:45 PM Post #1,678 of 7,998
  Soundstage is not the widest (the IE80 has a wider soundstage), but imaging and overall stage presence seems really on point with the IE800. The IE80's imaging sounds a bit exaggerated and stage presence a bit confusing, probably due to their veiled sound signature.

I was wondering that nobody mentioned this before. IE800 has basically NO soundstage at all to me, meaning similar to all sealed IEMs and closed cans (HD25, ER4P comes to my mind).
While switching from IE80 or DDM to IE800 it becomes brutally apparent. Soundscape collapses drastically, everything becomes small, tiny, claustrofobic... in my head. 

This is the only aspect that bothers me. Actually I prefer IE80 in 80% of the time due to this. But I listen to classic most of the time. I cannot stand sealed designs at all.

Feb 19, 2014 at 4:59 PM Post #1,679 of 7,998
The aluminum hippocase is what you see in my Shure 846 profile pic.  
http://jaben.net/shopping2/Hippocan-metal-earphone-case.html

I think it is the best IEM protection I've ever used - crush proof and tiny.

I don't know how you perceive soundstage, but the IE800 had one of the largest sound stages of any IEM I used.  I thought it was because it wasn't a fully closed design.

Feb 19, 2014 at 5:03 PM Post #1,680 of 7,998
  The aluminum hippocase is what you see in my Shure 846 profile pic.  
http://jaben.net/shopping2/Hippocan-metal-earphone-case.html

I think it is the best IEM protection I've ever used - crush proof and tiny.

I don't know how you perceive soundstage, but the IE800 had one of the largest sound stages of any IEM I used.  I thought it was because it wasn't a fully closed design.

Awesome case!  Expensive for a case compared to the alternatives but it looks really nice.  It also may be a bit small for custom cables... When looking at your avatar picture it looks like the cable just fits in with the IEM's and it looks like the cable is wound pretty tightly.  For my custom cable I don't think I would want to wind it so tightly because I don't like it when my cable loses it's shape.

I agree with you on the IE800's.  They have the largest soundstage to me of any IEM I've used as well.  Everyone hears things differently though...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back