Sennheiser IE800 IEM's
Feb 15, 2014 at 8:55 AM Post #1,651 of 7,998
  Jacket pocket, almost certainly...  Jeans pocket, with phone, keys and whatever else...  hmm...  not so sure?!

Not sure right ? I think same about CX case.But,thanks.

Feb 15, 2014 at 6:35 PM Post #1,652 of 7,998
i have never used a case in the 15 months i have owned mine and i use them daily, they go everywhere with me. 
there not as fragile as they look and have stood up to being knocked, snagged, plonked on desks, bed side tables, car centre consoles etc. 
If i am out and about and not wearing them in my ears i just use a shirt clip and tuck them inside my shirt or in the shirt pocket if there is one

Feb 15, 2014 at 7:45 PM Post #1,653 of 7,998
  i have never used a case in the 15 months i have owned mine and i use them daily, they go everywhere with me. 
there not as fragile as they look and have stood up to being knocked, snagged, plonked on desks, bed side tables, car centre consoles etc. 
If i am out and about and not wearing them in my ears i just use a shirt clip and tuck them inside my shirt or in the shirt pocket if there is one

Thanks for your answer.You didn't use case 15 months,and IE800 didn't have a damage right ? 

Feb 15, 2014 at 8:00 PM Post #1,654 of 7,998
Correct no probs at all. I'm not recommending not using a case just pointing out they are tough little iem's so no need to treat them like glass.

Feb 15, 2014 at 8:06 PM Post #1,655 of 7,998
Correct no probs at all. I'm not recommending not using a case just pointing out they are tough little iem's so no need to treat them like glass.

Understood.You say they are not sensitive like they look like right ?

Feb 15, 2014 at 9:45 PM Post #1,656 of 7,998
they have ceramic housing, carbon fibre cable, just the 1 x dynamic driver to go wrong and they are small and very lightweight - all good reasons why they are durable and less likely to suffer permanent damage.

If your the type of person that doesnt mind bringing a case at all times and doesnt mind folding them up and packing into the case several times a day then dont take the risk - just use a case

if your like me and find that procedure annoying then just enjoy them

Feb 16, 2014 at 3:50 AM Post #1,657 of 7,998
  they have ceramic housing, carbon fibre cable, just the 1 x dynamic driver to go wrong and they are small and very lightweight - all good reasons why they are durable and less likely to suffer permanent damage.

If your the type of person that doesnt mind bringing a case at all times and doesnt mind folding them up and packing into the case several times a day then dont take the risk - just use a case

if your like me and find that procedure annoying then just enjoy them

Thanks. 
smile_phones.gif

Feb 16, 2014 at 4:36 AM Post #1,658 of 7,998
  Thanks for feedback.But I can't carry it(pelican case) in my pockets.I mean cloth case,or something.For easy carrying.Are Shure cases good for IE800 ? 

I ask,good or bad.Because I don't know it can hurt the cable or not.I worry about the cable sometimes.And I ask for cable.

I personally use the bundled case with mine and it's fine but then again I don't pocket carry mine.  For that I'd probably look in to something from Tom Bihn.  The mini padded pouch or regular pouch (I prefer the dyneema fabric over the cordura) would do for pocket carry I think.  I've owned both and they are great quality.  I'd probably pick the padded one for a little bit extra protection if you really think you need or want it.

Padded Pouch - http://www.tombihn.com/accessories/TB0318.html

Non-Padded Dyneema Pouch - http://www.tombihn.com/accessories/TB1216.html

Feb 16, 2014 at 9:04 AM Post #1,659 of 7,998

I personally use the bundled case with mine and it's fine but then again I don't pocket carry mine.  For that I'd probably look in to something from Tom Bihn.  The mini padded pouch or regular pouch (I prefer the dyneema fabric over the cordura) would do for pocket carry I think.  I've owned both and they are great quality.  I'd probably pick the padded one for a little bit extra protection if you really think you need or want it.

Padded Pouch - http://www.tombihn.com/accessories/TB0318.html

Non-Padded Dyneema Pouch - http://www.tombihn.com/accessories/TB1216.html

Thanks.What do you think about Shure cases ? 

Feb 16, 2014 at 3:49 PM Post #1,660 of 7,998
I'm wondering if the bass ports at the back would cause the driver inside to get dirty if you live in an area with lots of air pollution (smoke from cars or other sources etc.), although this is only when I'm commuting. Does anyone know if this is the case?

Feb 17, 2014 at 1:17 PM Post #1,662 of 7,998
I use the Shure zipper case sometimes.

I usually don't use cases as I put the IEM's in my front shirt pocket.

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Feb 17, 2014 at 2:04 PM Post #1,663 of 7,998
  Thanks.What do you think about Shure cases ? 

I have the oval Shure case and the IE800's would fit just fine in there.  If you're looking for a hard case, you may want to look at the Westone Monitor Vault.  I have my IE800's in there now and they fit as well... getting them in there can be a little tricky, as with any hard plastic case, but the case is pretty small.

Feb 17, 2014 at 3:56 PM Post #1,664 of 7,998

I have the oval Shure case and the IE800's would fit just fine in there.  If you're looking for a hard case, you may want to look at the Westone Monitor Vault.  I have my IE800's in there now and they fit as well... getting them in there can be a little tricky, as with any hard plastic case, but the case is pretty small.

Yes,it is plastic and hard.But,it can be useful for me,because it is small enough for carriying in pocket right ? Trouser pocket ? 

I think about Shure oval case or Westone Monitor Vault.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back