Sennheiser IE800 IEM's
Feb 10, 2014 at 11:03 AM Post #1,636 of 7,998
  I listened my friend's DX50 and my IE800.I loved that combination.I suggest you guys.If you have a question about DX50. 
smily_headphones1.gif

thats what I'm using right now. I suggest going for  fw 1.2.8. really great sound 
etysmile.gif

Feb 10, 2014 at 11:10 PM Post #1,637 of 7,998
the ie800's sound great out of the AK120.

Feb 11, 2014 at 5:23 PM Post #1,638 of 7,998
Hello guys,
Does anybody use different case for carry the IE800 ? Do you suggest any case for IE800 ? And which case do you suggest ?

Feb 11, 2014 at 7:42 PM Post #1,640 of 7,998
  Sounds like more marketing crock to me.

Who cares about 46.5kHz? What, I'm letting my cat use these headphones now? Because I certainly can't hear that, nor can any practical player or track can reproduce that.

I call shenanigans especially when they are trying to draw a reference to the HD800, should be entertaining to see if Sennheiser can make a star or another overpriced flop out of the IE800.

The rudimentary shallow insertion of this iem doesn't incite confidence either.

I'll eat my words with a dirty spoon if these are still held in very high regard, sonically and in the design sense, after the FOTM aspect of this iem dies down and people are still comparing it with the HD800.

the whole frequency range marketing bs is just like the 5 blade bs used by shaving companies....to mass population..the numbers communicate better quality.

if u look at sony consumer range headphones..their $50 earphones can outperform every audio equipment in the world on paper

Feb 11, 2014 at 8:33 PM Post #1,641 of 7,998
  the whole frequency range marketing bs is just like the 5 blade bs used by shaving companies....to mass population..the numbers communicate better quality.

if u look at sony consumer range headphones..their $50 earphones can outperform every audio equipment in the world on paper

Lol, you just quoted something from ages ago aha 
biggrin.gif

Honestly, the IE800's grew on me with time, and I'd probably say it's one of my favorite universals. I don't care about how it extends in the highs as I personally only hear up to 18khz, but resolution is definitely good. I wear them behind the ears and get a deep fit; it sounds better that way.

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Feb 12, 2014 at 3:23 AM Post #1,642 of 7,998
I use a small Pelican case for mine. It is waterproof and rugged so I can throw it in my bag without worrying about my IE800's.

Thanks for feedback.But I can't carry it(pelican case) in my pockets.I mean cloth case,or something.For easy carrying.Are Shure cases good for IE800 ? 

I ask,good or bad.Because I don't know it can hurt the cable or not.I worry about the cable sometimes.And I ask for cable.

Feb 15, 2014 at 6:33 AM Post #1,643 of 7,998
  I have been through this thread a few times now but I still can't find a suggestion of what would be a good amp/dac for the ie800's.

Can anyone suggest me a amp/dac that works well with the ie800's ?

I would say that yes, these are VERY easy to drive, but - with cheaper electronics, the treble can be a bit, erm - sharp...

Going up the price scale (even with amps that can be considered bright - like the HiFi M8 that I have, with the treble 'boost' on), the extra control on offer does help smooth the treble, and push the IE800s up a further level still :) 

Feb 15, 2014 at 6:40 AM Post #1,644 of 7,998

I would say that yes, these are VERY easy to drive, but - with cheaper electronics, the treble can be a bit, erm - sharp...

Going up the price scale (even with amps that can be considered bright - like the HiFi M8 that I have, with the treble 'boost' on), the extra control on offer does help smooth the treble, and push the IE800s up a further level still :) 

Can I ask you something ? Do you suggest me;to carry IE800 with cloth case like CX series case ? Is it safely enough for IE800 ? Or can you suggest me another case? 
smile.gif

Feb 15, 2014 at 6:43 AM Post #1,645 of 7,998
  Can I ask you something ? Do you suggest me;to carry IE800 with cloth case like CX series case ? Is it safely enough for IE800 ? Or can you suggest me another case? 
smile.gif

It really depends...

I have a pelican case (so, tough as nails, probably bulletproof!), but - by the same token, I am happy enough to put them in my jacket pocket...

I have - once, dropped them on to the pavement (had unplugged from my amp, and - slipped out of my hands) - my heart sank, thinking they would be chipped, or damaged, but - absolutely perfect looking still - they are built well - so, a cloth case, in my opinion would be just as good as a hard case - so long as you didn't think it a fun game to try and run over the IEMs with a car!

The best middle ground solution - in my mind, if you can find one - is one of the Shure round cases, hard (tough) - and small.

Feb 15, 2014 at 6:47 AM Post #1,646 of 7,998

It really depends...

I have a pelican case (so, tough as nails, probably bulletproof!), but - by the same token, I am happy enough to put them in my jacket pocket...

I have - once, dropped them on to the pavement (had unplugged from my amp, and - slipped out of my hands) - my heart sank, thinking they would be chipped, or damaged, but - absolutely perfect looking still - they are built well - so, a cloth case, in my opinion would be just as good as a hard case - so long as you didn't think it a fun game to try and run over the IEMs with a car!

Thanks.Finally,you say CX case is enough right ? Already I use my products very well. =) Here it is...

x3j764.jpg

Feb 15, 2014 at 6:51 AM Post #1,647 of 7,998
I'm not familiar with that case, but - so long as it has 'support' around the outside (i.e. a zip, or a raised lip with a magnetic clasp for example) then, with how small the IE800s are, other than the waterproof factor that the Pelican would offer, I personally cannot see anything wrong with that case :) - Other people may have differing opinions...

Basically, if you're happy with my points above, and don't go trail biking or white water rafting with your IEMs in your pocket, then you should be all set :)

Feb 15, 2014 at 6:55 AM Post #1,648 of 7,998
  I'm not familiar with that case, but - so long as it has 'support' around the outside (i.e. a zip, or a raised lip with a magnetic clasp for example) then, with how small the IE800s are, other than the waterproof factor that the Pelican would offer, I personally cannot see anything wrong with that case :) - Other people may have differing opinions...

Basically, if you're happy with my points above, and don't go trail biking or white water rafting with your IEMs in your pocket, then you should be all set :)

Thanks. =) Already,my only question:Does cloth case (like cx case) defend well in my pockets ? Just this I think about.

Feb 15, 2014 at 7:10 AM Post #1,649 of 7,998

Thanks for the reply :)

Feb 15, 2014 at 8:02 AM Post #1,650 of 7,998
  Thanks. =) Already,my only question:Does cloth case (like cx case) defend well in my pockets ? Just this I think about.

Jacket pocket, almost certainly...  Jeans pocket, with phone, keys and whatever else...  hmm...  not so sure?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back