Sennheiser IE800 IEM's
Jan 24, 2017 at 10:42 AM Post #6,256 of 7,998
Jan 24, 2017 at 12:00 PM Post #6,257 of 7,998
So after roughly a week of burn in, the treble and bass bloat is gone. These things are fantastic sounding. One thing that I did kind of feel was missing was the premiumness of the IEM. I carried the thing around with me and it didn't feel like a 800$ IEM.

I finally got around to taking the case out of the box and I must applaud sennheiser for the carry case. It is really nice. It adds to the premium feel and I get the sense of how luxurious and amazing the sound is. The matte leather look kind of reminds me of a high end BMW or Mercedes leather seats. 

It adds to the need that I need to baby and take really good care of the headphones and the case because they are both so nice.

Jan 24, 2017 at 12:20 PM Post #6,258 of 7,998
So after roughly a week of burn in, the treble and bass bloat is gone. These things are fantastic sounding. One thing that I did kind of feel was missing was the premiumness of the IEM. I carried the thing around with me and it didn't feel like a 800$ IEM.

I finally got around to taking the case out of the box and I must applaud sennheiser for the carry case. It is really nice. It adds to the premium feel and I get the sense of how luxurious and amazing the sound is. The matte leather look kind of reminds me of a high end BMW or Mercedes leather seats. 

It adds to the need that I need to baby and take really good care of the headphones and the case because they are both so nice.

I haven't played around with the case, but I noticed there were three holes on the right side. I figured one of them is to insert the right angle plug, but what's the purpose of the other two?

Regarding the sound after about 40 hours of play time, I really like them a lot, better than my HA-FW01. The tizziness in the upper frequencies I reported earlier has mostly gone away, and what's left is a purity of detail.

Happy, happy, happy. :D

Jan 24, 2017 at 12:26 PM Post #6,259 of 7,998
I haven't played around with the case, but I noticed there were three holes on the right side. I figured one of them is to insert the right angle plug, but what's the purpose of the other two?

Regarding the sound after about 40 hours of play time, I really like them a lot, better than my HA-FW01. The tizziness in the upper frequencies I reported earlier has mostly gone away, and what's left is a purity of detail.

Happy, happy, happy.
biggrin.gif

Which hole you use will depend how tight your wrap the cable.

Jan 24, 2017 at 12:54 PM Post #6,262 of 7,998
OK, thanks for the replies about the holes.

I wonder why there aren't more manufacturers using ceramic in their designs. I believe RHA makes an IEM with ceramic enclosures, but I don't recall any others. My Raidho speakers use ceramic for the woofers, but again, I don't recall other makers using ceramic in their loudspeakers.

Too difficult a material to work with?

Jan 24, 2017 at 2:21 PM Post #6,263 of 7,998
OK, thanks for the replies about the holes.

I wonder why there aren't more manufacturers using ceramic in their designs. I believe RHA makes an IEM with ceramic enclosures, but I don't recall any others. My Raidho speakers use ceramic for the woofers, but again, I don't recall other makers using ceramic in their loudspeakers.

Too difficult a material to work with?

Very difficult to mold properly in very fine spaces and they are somewhat brittle. 

Sennheiser's PR stepped on a ie800 during a presentation - they are extremely resistant from this standpoint - but you can't for example drop them on a surface that has a higher durity than them. Like a subway floor.. 

It will only reach if you wrap it one way.

Oh, I haven't tested that... 

Then it's only for the wrap tension 
gs1000.gif

Jan 24, 2017 at 2:35 PM Post #6,264 of 7,998
ALO Audio made the Lyra 1 out of ceramic also, I sent my ie800 in for replacement repair on the 1/13/17 right earbud stop working. Well Looks like UPS lost my package it never got to sennheiser repair. Last scan was on the 1/19/17. This sucks. I know things happen and the world will go on but I do love them ie800's

Jan 24, 2017 at 6:28 PM Post #6,265 of 7,998
ALO Audio made the Lyra 1 out of ceramic also, I sent my ie800 in for replacement repair on the 1/13/17 right earbud stop working. Well Looks like UPS lost my package it never got to sennheiser repair. Last scan was on the 1/19/17. This sucks. I know things happen and the world will go on but I do love them ie800's

I hope they show up for you. Insured?

Jan 24, 2017 at 10:21 PM Post #6,267 of 7,998
I hope so too, Sennheiser emailed me the return label. I hope it is insured. I am still waiting on info.

If Sennheiser paid for shipping, it is their responsibility if indeed your IE 800 is lost.

Jan 25, 2017 at 11:12 AM Post #6,270 of 7,998

Users who are viewing this thread

Back