Sennheiser IE80 vs westone 2
Dec 18, 2012 at 3:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Sylaw

500+ Head-Fier
Hey... I knw this sounds a bit dumb bu...t plz bare with me for the movement.. I have a pair of sennheiser ie80 and I loved it... Especially with the ISo-tape mode. But right nw I'm kinda having a bad "ringing in the ear" and I found it gets worse when I use dynamic driver items than BA iems.. And very recently I gt a offer frm one of my friend. He told me that I can do a exchange to a westone 2 or a klipsch x10i .. And I need sm help frm u guys to decide is it a good deal or a pointless one.. Any how I believe w2 is a good choice , but never heard it .... Also what abt the Shure Se425?

Appreciate a good help!

Dec 18, 2012 at 8:10 AM Post #2 of 8
Umm??? can any one help me?? + sorry for opening more than 1 thread.. something went really wrong with my browser.

Dec 18, 2012 at 8:50 AM Post #5 of 8
i had a X10i for a very brief period .. and from what i remember i had a very bassy sound Sig.. ( i dnt like much bass )

Dec 18, 2012 at 8:52 AM Post #6 of 8
Quote:
The Westone's seem like the best option out of all the three IMO. Although, I prefer the UM2 over the ordinary 2. If you can add extra dough, get the UM2.

Can u tell me whether UM2's are better than IE80's or nt....

Dec 19, 2012 at 2:29 AM Post #7 of 8
Quote:
Can u tell me whether UM2's are better than IE80's or nt....

I have never owned the IE80 so I can't comment on which sound better, but if comfort and isolation is important for you, then get the UM2's. Also, if you move around a lot, the UM2's will stay in your ears unlike the IE80's from what I've heard. By the way, the UM2's are intended to be stage monitors, so they don't have that much "boom boom", but the sound great if you like your music flat.

Dec 23, 2012 at 1:50 AM Post #8 of 8
I own IE80s, and they are both comfortable and can stay in my ears. They don't isolate too well without foam tips, but now that I use foams all's good there too.

However, I'd have to agree with Adamska if you're not keen on heavy bass and dynamic drivers - yesterday, I auditioned the UM2 and it sounded awesome. Bass wasn't boomy, but it was definitely precise and punchy. I'd go with them! Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back