Sennheiser IE80 or Westone W40
Feb 15, 2014 at 4:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

MRiNiCK

500+ Head-Fier
I'm down to 3 choices to choose from, What's the best IEM for me?
Music taste-
All kinds, ranging from indie rock, experimental rock,shoegaze, indie pop, electronic (trap, drumNbass), IDM/Experimental,psychedelic, rap, hip hop.
Bands like Radiohead, Sigur Ros,The National,Kanye West, Nirvanna, The smiths, Animal Collective, Arctic Monkeys, James Blake, M83 etc.
There all going to be played via my ipod 320kpbs, or from my phone in FLAC. Dont have a DAC/AMP anymore but im looking to purchase one again soon.

Mar 26, 2014 at 2:19 PM Post #2 of 4
what did you end up getting? i'm facing the same choice as my beloved IE7s are slowly dying. 

i guess the difficult choice here is, dynamic vs balanced armature. i'm leaning toward dynamics (i.e. sennheiser) and based on your musical taste, it seems like you should be too. i fear that westones, as precise, detailed and fast as they may be, will take all the fun out of my listening experiences.

i'm not a bass head by any means but i appreciate a nice deep, bottom end with a bass extension for certain genres (M83, Daft Punk, Air, Pantyraid, etc...) so that may be another reason to go dynamic for you. i'm afraid balanced armatures would reproduce those bands too dryly. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back