Sennheiser IE8 with Cowon D2 questions.
Mar 31, 2009 at 4:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

menwithouthats

New Head-Fier
Hello, I was wondering how the two pair up with one another considering the bass roll off. Since the IE8 has only 16 impedance, will it be highly noticeable?

Also how long is the average boot time for the D2 to start up with a sdhc card filled with about 24 gigs of music? And how does BBE sound? Is it adjustable like SRS WOW in the iriver players? Thanks for your time.

Mar 31, 2009 at 6:35 PM Post #2 of 5
1-The bass rolloff increases as the impedance of the headphone decreases. With 16 Ohm should be noticeable.

2-The first time the startup takes some time (maybe 30 seconds). Further startup times are very fast.

3-BBE gives a bass hump, graded from 1 to 5. Haven't heard the WOW.

Mar 31, 2009 at 6:56 PM Post #3 of 5
with newer firmware releases, the d2 picked up a bit of speed for booting: in the end, it was quite fast but i never used external cards. bass roll off is huge but most people don't really care, so don't worry.

i cared about it and about stage but i am very picky. you will probably like it.

Mar 31, 2009 at 7:22 PM Post #4 of 5
what is bass roll off anyway? i hve a d2 and don't notice anything wrong.. idk

Apr 1, 2009 at 1:05 PM Post #5 of 5
I totally agree with shigzeo. I bought the D2 reading the glowing reviews. I was coming from a clix.

Still have the clix but the d2 is long gone. I really wanted to like the D2 because of it's features and battery life. But the lack of low end, soundstage, instrument separation and a very metallic sound left a bad taste in my mouth.

I have not tried it through an amp. But from the headphone out, it is not pretty. The bass is just not there and the sound is metallic and it gets sharper when the volume is increased. It is best suited to classical music where there is usually not much happening. Rock was just downright disappointing.

Just my opinion....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back