Sennheiser IE8 with amp or DAC??
Apr 27, 2009 at 2:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

mayajoe

New Head-Fier
Hi all,

Im new to this excellent forum and am stuck on what to buy to compliment my newly aquired sennhiesers IE8s.
Im sure there are lots of links out there that can help me but would rather get some up to date information please.

My previous rig was: Shure SE 530, iphone and an Ibasso T4 stuck to the back of of the iphone. The only problem was that the T4 didn't really do much to the shures. All i got was more volume which was not what i was looking for. Since the whole rig has been stolen I have had to start again and was hoping to get some advice an the "right" amp or DAC to match my new earphones.
I also keep reading alot about OP-amps and are they useful for me to use.
Since the sennheisers IE8s have a really good base and soundstage, I was hoping to enhance the mids and trebles.

I now have Yet another iphone replacement and the sennhiesers IE8s.
Now i await for the ultimate complement and dont want to make the same mistake as the T4.
Thanks to anyone who replies to this thread in advance.
smile_phones.gif

Apr 27, 2009 at 2:45 PM Post #2 of 11
how about dac AND amp.

i understand that you have had mediocre experiences with ibasso but i would recommend the ibasso d10. with HiFlight's topkit opamps, the ie8's and the d10 are a perfect match. read the last few pages of the following thread:

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f105/i.../index126.html

i hate to quote myself but i would really advise reading this thread. it's a lot to take in but it really is a good read and will tide you over till your d10 arrives
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 27, 2009 at 3:47 PM Post #3 of 11
Your post implies that you are going to use an iphone as source. That being the case, an obvious option for you is to get an LOD and an amp.

Apr 27, 2009 at 5:10 PM Post #6 of 11
try re-auditioning your setup with the LOD and see if SQ changes. also, put your iphone in flight mode when you can for less interference and try to use lossless audio files when you can. if you still feel that the combo is not up to par for your listening needs, you could get a d10 and start opamp rolling for the best sounding combo to your ears.

Apr 27, 2009 at 5:11 PM Post #7 of 11
Ok thanks for your very valued advice. I shall go for the ibasso D10 when they are back in stock. But where do i get the topkit opamps? And what does the D10 actually make better when i use it. Please forgive my ignorance as all this is new and exciting for me at present.

thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back