Sennheiser IE8 Warranty Question
Jun 1, 2010 at 3:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

kdawgg83

Head-Fier
If I buy a pair of these on Amazon or eBay, will Sennheiser still honor the 2-year warranty? Ive been reading about how you need to buy them from an Authorized Dealer in order for the Warranty to be valid. How would Sennheiser know whether you bought these from an auth dealer? Do they check the receipt if you need warranty repair?

Thanks.

Jun 1, 2010 at 3:35 PM Post #2 of 4
Yes they do. They will ask your for receipt to honor warranty and it is mentioned clearly in their site. You can check it there.

Jun 1, 2010 at 6:59 PM Post #3 of 4
Thanks Anthonym! Does anyone know if RazorDogDeals is a reputable seller on eBay? He claims to sell 100% legit IE8s and is listed as an authorized reseller on Sennheiser's website.

Appreciate the comments!

Jun 1, 2010 at 7:46 PM Post #4 of 4
^^Ya Razordog is authorized reseller of Senn and, that too, can be checked on Senn's site. As far as I know, it is the only authorized reseller of Senn's on ebay.

EDIT : Although I have no idea what sound signature you are looking for, I think you might want to consider FX700 as well. They are getting lots of praise from fellow head-fiers and it's on sale at Amazon japan;USD$260 only. They are said to be better than IE8. I, for one, ordered from there and mine is on its way.(Hope I get it before the end of this week). But one caveat is, amazon japan doesn't ship international. You need to use package forwarding service. I used http://www.tenso.com and they are fairly quick and cheap too. They charge me $21 only. Surprisingly, you can choose the amount that you want to declare on your package. So, If you are adventurous and not mind taking risk, you can avoid paying tax by declaring the amount below the taxing threshold. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back