Sennheiser ie8 vs Westone 3
Nov 14, 2009 at 10:57 PM Post #17 of 21
Had the IE8 and W3s, kept the W3s for their sparkle and reverb strength, but now have the UM3X with custom sleeves. Felt IE8s, while good, were clunky and sounded a bit too veiled/dense for my tastes. But to say the IE8s are better in every way over the W3s is just plain silly. Both are excellent IEMs.

Nov 15, 2009 at 12:20 AM Post #18 of 21
My experience with the IE8 echoes HONEYBOY's. I've not heard the W3 but I did have the UM3X, which is also praised for its detail retrieval. I didn't find it to be anymore detailed than the IE8. The IE8 just presents details differently. I also haven't found its bass to be huge or uncontrolled and I am not a basshead. Treble extension is effortless and the mids are there without being too forward. Its soundstage is remarkable for an IEM and akin to full-sized phones. It's the most natural, musical and enjoyable IEM that I've heard to date. However, sound isolation is not its strength. When I want that I pop in the SE530's.

Nov 24, 2009 at 12:30 AM Post #19 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by MarcosQ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So I was browsing through the web and found some Sennheiser ie8's for $300. 200 off the msrp. I'm considering the purchase but I would like to know what you guys think.

Should I get these or the Westone 3 or what do you guys think about the Sleek Audio SA6 since they have an accessory that allow you to go wireless.

I enjoy really deep basses but without lacking in rich details. The styles I listen include but are not limited to: Old school rap, gangsta rap (eazy e mostly), techno, rock and some others

And also what accessories should go along (ie portable amp, or a new cable)

thanks
biggrin.gif

ue superfi eb have the best bass hand s down period! for a non custom ue5eb is far superior to any other bass heavy iem i have tried, but probably no good for on the go listening ,,,
im leaning toward ie8 vs westone 3,, i have owned both shortly and thought that the w3 highs wer just too much,, the ie8 had fit issues, def look cooler than the slug w3, honestly i didnt get a great fit with the w3 either unless i used the ear canals which with moderate usage were annoying.

Nov 24, 2009 at 12:35 AM Post #20 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by iponderous /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My experience with the IE8 echoes HONEYBOY's. I've not heard the W3 but I did have the UM3X, which is also praised for its detail retrieval. I didn't find it to be anymore detailed than the IE8. The IE8 just presents details differently. I also haven't found its bass to be huge or uncontrolled and I am not a basshead. Treble extension is effortless and the mids are there without being too forward. Its soundstage is remarkable for an IEM and akin to full-sized phones. It's the most natural, musical and enjoyable IEM that I've heard to date. However, sound isolation is not its strength. When I want that I pop in the SE530's.

which did u think had more bass punch the w3 or the ie8, i thought the w3 were way too bright and painful, did u find this even out with long burn,, or maybe not considering you bought the um3x?

if u like highs u may like the denon c710 its high are rediculolus , i am burning them ins in hopes they will even out,,, bu besides that the have surprisng bass prowess and a healthy mid section

Nov 24, 2009 at 12:51 AM Post #21 of 21
It really depends on what you like?

The Westone 3 have incredible detail and really fun with great bass, great mids and awesome highs...a fun experience.

The Senn IE8s have the best bass, good mids and the highs are good...a more laid back experience.

I can't say which is better, they just do things differently and you can't go wrong with either.

If I had to keep just one, I would go with the Westone 3s...only slightly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back