Sennheiser IE8 vs UE Triple.Fi Pro
Apr 25, 2009 at 2:41 PM Post #17 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by iriverdude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Use a better source please ipod isn't a great sounding DAP.

pull your pants up, your bias is showing
tongue.gif
I have to totally disagree, via LOD with a decent amp the 5.5G is actually a very nice sounding dap; true its not as good as an H120 even the analogue line-out; but IMO its not bad either and actually a pretty close call; better than cowon for me; true the HP out sux bad, but the lineout is quite reasonable and when modded its really great and only beaten by iriver optical, which isnt the sound of the iriver at all.

and back OT; I found the triples to be horribly bright too; not natural at all; the bass was very low, but incongruous to the rest of the frequencies. the treble is quite hyped IMO and the mids sucked out, its this valley in the middle that seems to give them such a wide soundstage and these are just the beginning of the problems IMO. you picked some pretty good extremes to A/B there; mustve done your head ion?? wouldve mine.

but the 5.5G HP out does not have enough control to do either justice; use the line-out and all should be well, would make it easier on you if you could actually give your ears the time to acclimatize to one of them at least rather than swapping back and forth like that and not getting a proper feel for either of them; brain burn-in is not to be underestimated IMO

oh.. and no problem on the music
biggrin.gif
good choices IMO, just needed some daft punk, Hybrid and Trentemoller
evil_smiley.gif
cool.gif

Apr 25, 2009 at 4:19 PM Post #18 of 28
i have an ipod classic 160gb LOD to an ibasso d10 and also have an ihp-h120 optical to an ibasso d10. when playing the same lossless files listening with the ie8's, there is an ever-so-slightly perceivable difference in SQ when listening at home in bed with my eyes closed, but i have to say that in a portable use environment (train, cafe, etc.) i cannot tell the difference. the ipod classic from LOD sounds very good and i can imagine the imod sounding better. it really depends on your usage. i am almost never critically listening to music on my portable setup and reserve that for real cds and my yamaha amp with hd580's. what is a factor is the fun of usage. in this respect, the ipod is just easier and more intuitive to use, i can watch videos with it and can store a ton more of data. with the iriver i am constantly tweaking the EQ and never really listening to the music, unless you listen to your hardware and not your music. in this case the iriver wins.

Apr 25, 2009 at 4:59 PM Post #19 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by smallcaps /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i have an ipod classic 160gb LOD to an ibasso d10 and also have an ihp-h120 optical to an ibasso d10. when playing the same lossless files listening with the ie8's, there is an ever-so-slightly perceivable difference in SQ when listening at home in bed with my eyes closed, but i have to say that in a portable use environment (train, cafe, etc.) i cannot tell the difference. the ipod classic from LOD sounds very good and i can imagine the imod sounding better. it really depends on your usage. i am almost never critically listening to music on my portable setup and reserve that for real cds and my yamaha amp with hd580's. what is a factor is the fun of usage. in this respect, the ipod is just easier and more intuitive to use, i can watch videos with it and can store a ton more of data. with the iriver i am constantly tweaking the EQ and never really listening to the music, unless you listen to your hardware and not your music. in this case the iriver wins.

I like IE8 too. After almosst 400 hrs burn in, it is natural, and pretty good to reproduce man voice the way it suposed to be. I wonder is that great improvement using D10 for IE8?

Apr 25, 2009 at 5:41 PM Post #22 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
and back OT; I found the triples to be horribly bright too; not natural at all; the bass was very low, but incongruous to the rest of the frequencies. the treble is quite hyped IMO and the mids sucked out,

Mine are quite dark. Darker than both W3 and SE530. Midrange is more forward than W3 but lessforward than SE530. Funny how we hear differently.

May 15, 2009 at 6:48 AM Post #23 of 28
Oh man. Reading this only made my life a little bit harder. I'm trying to choose between trading my SE530's for IE8's or TF10's. I wish I could put the two together and have a four driver IEM with the comfort of the SE530's.
biggrin.gif

Nov 24, 2009 at 5:25 PM Post #25 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spyro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dang, I'd almost classify my ears as a little sensitive to treble but I have NEVER found the TFPro's treble tough on the ears with virtually any track. It's dry and airy which comes across as very smooth sounding. The veiled midrange contributes to this. Sources are Ipods unamped and various mini-systems with basically the same results.

agreed, bu i wouldnt use dry and airy, i would say clear and yes smooth..
the triplefi have been one of the few iem with such detailed highs that dont hur tmy ear with high ptich tone ,,,

May 4, 2010 at 11:09 AM Post #27 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by elnero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That brings me to my advice. For me I really started to like the Triple.Fi's when I had the chance to audition a pair with a Null Audio replacement cable and Comply tips. IMO, the Null Audio cable balanced out the sound a bit, bass became a bit better integrated, mids which I had previously found a bit recessed came forward and the highs which I found borderline were now tamed. So if you're searching for something that might help with the treble a replacement cable of some sort might be the ticket.

Hi elnero, wich model of the null audio cable you have? I saw three models in their website: Lune, Enyo and Crystalino. Thanks in advance.

May 5, 2010 at 11:59 PM Post #28 of 28
I find the W3's bass to be very similar to the IE8s at minimum bass setting, but the mids and treble on the W3s are much better balanced with the rest of the frequency range compared to the IE8s.  The Triple.Fi's don't have anywhere near the mid bass hump of the IE8s, but they really go deep, deep, deep.  You can see from my signature that I rate the W3s as #1 and the Triple.Fi's as #2 (the current rating which is subject to change).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back