Sennheiser IE8 vs Denon AH-C751 vs Sony MDR-EX700
Sep 25, 2009 at 1:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

Graviton

Head-Fier
Excuse me in advance for my not very good English!
Please, help me to make the right choice. My player is Cowon S9 and now I have Sony MDR-EX90 earphones, which sound very good to me. I want to replace them by earphones of the higher class. I have 250$. I listen to all of genres of music, so I want universal earphones. Sound isolation isn't important to me, only rich sound. I have no possibility to listen to any of them, so I'd like to hear some advices if anybody can compare these earphones.
Thanks!

Sep 26, 2009 at 1:46 AM Post #5 of 20
Start reading reviews. There's tons of good info on this forum and a lot of great choices around that price point. Short of actually listening to any options, invest your time in research. Try to understand what you are buying before you buy anything.

Sep 26, 2009 at 6:26 PM Post #7 of 20
X2 IE8

Sep 26, 2009 at 7:27 PM Post #9 of 20
Klipsch Custom 3, IE8 and IE7..........

Sep 26, 2009 at 9:53 PM Post #10 of 20
I know you want the quick answer, but researching will give you a greater wealth of knowledge.

If you want a hint, a balanced headphone will work best over a wide range of music. This means the frequency response should be smooth and broad and relatively flat. You want something that is neutral/natural sounding.

If you don't need isolation, earbuds will be an option for you too. This means Yuin will have options that may suit your needs.

Frankly, there is a LOT of information on this site, so make good use of it.

Sep 28, 2009 at 11:37 PM Post #13 of 20
can you tell us what you want in iem?what do you mean by rich sound?(your prefered sound signature)

Sep 29, 2009 at 7:38 PM Post #15 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Graviton /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I like deep precise, but not very massive bass, natural middle and detailed but soft highes, which don't make ears tired after long listening.

If you like deep precise bass, natural mids and detailed but soft highs with overall warm and airy sound then Klipsch Custom 3 are the perfect IEMs, BTW with this budget you can buy used SE530 which are even more close.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back