Sennheiser IE8 losing sound in right channel - RIP
Oct 20, 2012 at 11:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Jabse

100+ Head-Fier
I'm 100% sure its not the cables.

these were working perfectly fine last night, yet tonight I randomly notice the problem. Could driver damage happen so spontaneously in such a short period of time? There was zero physical strain on them from last night - tonight.. so the only possible solution is that the grill is blocked by earwax or the driver/soldering is randomly dying(is that even possible?)

I've heard hydrogen-peroxide is good for dissolving earwax so I might give that a go when I get time. Does anyone know how to open up the IE8's? I've looked everywhere, i've found disassembled photos but it doesn't hint at how to open them safely

I've had these for ages, warranty will definitely not cover it. Could I possibly send them anywhere to fix them (I live in Australia), or should I just trash them :frowning2:

Any recommendations for an IEM with a similar sound signature?

EDIT - it was the blocked grills, all fixed now thanks
etysmile.gif

Oct 20, 2012 at 12:04 PM Post #2 of 3
Try to suck/blow through vents , and also the grill. Sorry if it might be a bit dirty for the mouth.
You might use a pen tube, surrounding grill, if you do not want to  put it  on the mouth.
If air is circulating through your IEM  while blowing/sucking, you'd hear the driver making
a slight noise from contraction.
I repaired my senn IE7 this way.

alternative suggestion:
If you don't mind something less detailed, but very airy, yamaha eph-100.

Oct 20, 2012 at 12:11 PM Post #3 of 3
Quote:
Try to suck/blow through vents , and also the grill. Sorry if it might be a bit dirty for the mouth.
You might use a pen tube, surrounding grill, if you do not want to  put it  on the mouth.
If air is circulating through your IEM  while blowing/sucking, you'd hear the driver making
a slight noise from contraction.
I repaired my senn IE7 this way.

alternative suggestion:
If you don't mind something less detailed, but very airy, yamaha eph-100.

I tried something similar before reading your post, i dipped it (shallowly) into water while music was blasting and it instantly fixed it, hell it's even louder than the other one now LOL but yeah it was the grill, this method would have also done the job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back