Sennheiser IE8 Ear hooks.
Jul 14, 2009 at 10:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

StereoX7521

Banned
Is there a place where I can purchase the Sennheiser IE8 ear hooks to use on my IEM's? I want to primarily use the hooks on my Shure SE530's and Westone 3 because they don't have a memory wire like my Ultimate Ear IEM's and Shure E5c. Also since the Westone 3 uses a twisted cable would the ear hook even work with this? Thanks!

Jul 14, 2009 at 10:33 PM Post #3 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/s...0-pics-394923/

Thanks, According to the replies people don't find the Sennheiser ear hooks comfortable and rather ear guides from a company named Phonak. I'll look into there. I need these ear hooks because the wires tend to slip over my ears and when I tighten the little thing that runs up and done the wire split the wire hurts my ears after a while. So I need something soft to relieve the pressure.

Jul 14, 2009 at 10:34 PM Post #4 of 12
You might want the Phonak ones also. AudéoWorld PFE Shopping Cart
I have had both and like the Phonak better.

I might still have Sennheiser ones. I'll take a look. You can shoot me a PM.

Jul 14, 2009 at 10:53 PM Post #5 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by jant71 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You might want the Phonak ones also. AudéoWorld PFE Shopping Cart
I have had both and like the Phonak better.

I might still have Sennheiser ones. I'll take a look. You can shoot me a PM.

It'll be greatly appreciated if you can post a picture of them side by side. Also do the Phonak ear guides come in black? I'm not too happy with a white ear guide with my Westone 3 and Shure SE530's being primarily black.

Nov 12, 2009 at 11:48 PM Post #6 of 12
I'm just about to purchase some IE8's; and after owning a set previously, one of the niggles I had before was the ear guides being a tad bulky/uncomfortable and the cable would always come away from the slots when in use.

Is there a company that sells transparent/black guides that wrap-over the cable to form a plyable tube (if that makes sense)? The end look being something similar to the Klipsch Custom range...

Nov 13, 2009 at 12:30 AM Post #8 of 12
I just looked at these and noticed that they are transparent rather than white (they kinda look white), but when I completed my details on the official site it says on the shipping details page that they won't ship to the UK, and all the UK dealers are for their hearing aid range!

Anyone willing to help me out and send me a set from the US/Canada if I pay upfront via PayPal?

I just posted something similar on one of the Phonek threads, so apologies in advance for the double post.

Nov 13, 2009 at 1:34 AM Post #10 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by kaizr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just looked at these and noticed that they are transparent rather than white (they kinda look white), but when I completed my details on the official site it says on the shipping details page that they won't ship to the UK, and all the UK dealers are for their hearing aid range!

Anyone willing to help me out and send me a set from the US/Canada if I pay upfront via PayPal?

I just posted something similar on one of the Phonek threads, so apologies in advance for the double post.

just sent you of a PM

Nov 13, 2009 at 3:01 AM Post #11 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by StereoX7521 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks, According to the replies people don't find the Sennheiser ear hooks comfortable and rather ear guides from a company named Phonak. I'll look into there. I need these ear hooks because the wires tend to slip over my ears and when I tighten the little thing that runs up and done the wire split the wire hurts my ears after a while. So I need something soft to relieve the pressure.

I don't particularly care for mine. I prefer to listen to my IE8s without them.

Nov 13, 2009 at 5:14 AM Post #12 of 12
used mine for a day, i quite displeased with them, they dont seem to stay close to the actual earphone and move, making wearing them uncomftarble,

if you want modable ear guides (which i dont use anymore), usualy the best option is about 2/3 of an inch of a small moldable metal wire fitted on the IEM cable with a heatshrink cover, just carefull with the heat source and remember to file both sides to make sure their not sharp enough to puncture the cable or the heatshrink cover,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back