Sennheiser IE7 (missing cleaning tool and case)
Jun 9, 2009 at 6:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 29

superpiper

100+ Head-Fier
WARNING

If u see this for sale run a mile.

GUTTED
frown.gif

I recieved my IE7's today. They sound $hite.

On further inspection, they appear to be fake. ITs hard to tell though, they are very very very good copies, but the decal is not 100% and the cable is to thin. The box is real, as are the included accesories.

I think the scam is to aquire returned boxes/accesories and replace the earphones for fakes.

Anyhows, the seller has agreed to return same, so i'm chuffed at that.

I'll take some pictures if somebody will host them ( i have no photobucket account)

SP

Jun 9, 2009 at 6:39 PM Post #3 of 29
Try burning them in for about 200 hours with pink or white noise. My IE7's didn't sound to great out of the box, but after 200+ hours of burn in, I was amazed by their sound. Post some high res pictures and I will compare it with my IE7's. I will then be able to verify if indeed they are fake or not. Is there a holographic sticker at the back of the box?

Jun 9, 2009 at 7:29 PM Post #4 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rip N' Burn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Try burning them in for about 200 hours with pink or white noise. My IE7's didn't sound to great out of the box, but after 200+ hours of burn in, I was amazed by their sound. Post some high res pictures and I will compare it with my IE7's. I will then be able to verify if indeed they are fake or not. Is there a holographic sticker at the back of the box?

My iphone is'nt great TBF,

Can u post picks of yours? especially:
* around the cable entry into the earphone
* at the split
*The plug
* The decal.

Much appreciated

Jun 9, 2009 at 7:30 PM Post #5 of 29
Sound sh@t in what ways? Some of owner might remember what their IE7 sound like when
it's new.

Jun 9, 2009 at 7:54 PM Post #6 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by decay /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sound sh@t in what ways? Some of owner might remember what their IE7 sound like when
it's new.

Muffled,
Wooly bass,
Poor detail'
No treble.

Awfull

(If anyone can post some clear pictures (ive hunted through the net) then that would be a big help

Jun 9, 2009 at 8:15 PM Post #9 of 29
i saw those, and thats what i based my assumptions on.

The lead is gray on mine and is a loose fit into the back of the IEM
the cover mesh on the nozzle is glued on and does'nt fit properly.

the IE7 on the split is not quite straight.

I tell you this, there a bloody good copy........

Jun 9, 2009 at 8:18 PM Post #10 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by walkingman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here you go:

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/s...arning-416742/

It would be great if you could name the seller. Pictures of your IE 7 would also be appreciated.

To be fair, the seller has offered to give me a refund, and has commented to me that he himself has got ripped off here. i'll watch out if he post's them again and then i'll zap him.....

Jun 9, 2009 at 9:24 PM Post #11 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by superpiper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the cover mesh on the nozzle is glued on and does'nt fit properly.

Based on that description, it sounds like it's a fake. You bought them from someone here at head-fi?? Did they at least mention that they were possible fakes?? If not, then that person deserves to be banned.

Jun 9, 2009 at 9:55 PM Post #12 of 29
i think something more upscale and sinnister is afoot here.

The seller is getting burned, as he has agreed to return them, but i can't help think, given the quality of the copy, that this is a large scale operation.

Caveat Emptor indeed.

Jun 9, 2009 at 10:06 PM Post #14 of 29
if he returns it I say let it go if he is a head-fier you may want to notify moderators to look out for it otherwise I would just be happy you are being refunded
smily_headphones1.gif
and on this (my 1500th post) I am now a headphone supremus lmao

Jun 9, 2009 at 10:08 PM Post #15 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by jodoog /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bought the same item, any easy way to check if its def. fake?

find someone or somewhere with them.

I visited my local apple store to x check

Users who are viewing this thread

Back