Sennheiser IE6, 7 and 8 and glasses.
Oct 20, 2009 at 10:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

zaero69

100+ Head-Fier
Hello everybody. Until recently i had a Etymotics er6i earcanal phone but it died and i'm thinking of replacing it with one of the sennheiser in-ear gamma.
The first question is: "Is wearing glasses a problem when the cable goes up from the ear and then circles the ear lobe? i mean is it comfortable? Does it have problems with glasses?

The second question is more generic. What are the main differences? and for portable use wich one of them is the most reccomendable to play what an ipod nano 4g unamped?

How far (or near) from the HD650 is the IE gamma? And the IE8?

Yes, i think that will be all. Thanks a lot for those who answer me these questions.

Oct 20, 2009 at 11:02 PM Post #2 of 10
I had some problems with the IE 8 and glasses. It was less comfortable than they were when I wore contacts and the fit was a little more fussy. This will not hold true for everyone.

Oct 21, 2009 at 2:36 AM Post #4 of 10
I have no problems wearing glasses with my IE7 either.

Oct 21, 2009 at 2:54 AM Post #5 of 10
well I can't commit on the IE7 or IE8 specifacly I've tried wearing normal earbuds in that style and didn't have any problems with it, it took a bit to set up(because they really arent meant to be worn that way, cheap cable, and a long stem) but once I got the cable in place 'n' such I didn't have any problems.

Oct 21, 2009 at 5:59 PM Post #6 of 10
Oh also one thing i forgot. In the past i bought the shure e2c but unfortunately they were unable to produce enough seal (mainly because they didn't fit the ear channel) so how are the flanges in the sennheiser ie family?

Is there anything like the tri-biflange silicon caps from the etymotics er6i? And about the other brands ? or the custom silicon molds?

Oct 23, 2009 at 3:28 PM Post #7 of 10
Hello? Does anybody know if the IE 6-7-8 can be used as a normal earphone -straight from the ear down to the ear- or like those expensive iems that have go up to the ear and circle it from behind? Do they fit well if wore straight from the ear?

Oct 25, 2009 at 1:20 PM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by zaero69 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh also one thing i forgot. In the past i bought the shure e2c but unfortunately they were unable to produce enough seal (mainly because they didn't fit the ear channel) so how are the flanges in the sennheiser ie family?

Is there anything like the tri-biflange silicon caps from the etymotics er6i? And about the other brands ? or the custom silicon molds?

the IE series is basically an 'open' type earphone, your not going 2 get good isolation even if you get a good seal...

Oct 25, 2009 at 1:21 PM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by zaero69 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello? Does anybody know if the IE 6-7-8 can be used as a normal earphone -straight from the ear down to the ear- or like those expensive iems that have go up to the ear and circle it from behind? Do they fit well if wore straight from the ear?

both can be done, all you have to do is swap the removable cable left and right so that the channels are right, i find the fit better over the ear with shure e2c olives...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back