Sennheiser IE200 vs Truthear Hexa vs 1MORE Quad Driver
Mar 1, 2024 at 10:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

lexluchor

New Head-Fier
Hello audiophile friends! I'm really racking my brain trying to decide, so I turn to your expertise and wisdom! I have a Cowon DAP, and I've always loved Cowon for my portable music. I typically listen to classical music like Beethoven and Liszt, as well as Daft Punk and some dance/electronic genres. I prefer music without much bass, clear and crisp, without distortions. So, I'm looking for wired earbuds under $100 for my setup. I'm considering the Sennheiser IE200, Truthear Hexa, and 1MORE Quad Driver. Any recommendations or insights would be greatly appreciated!

I have read wonders about the sound quality of the Truthear Hexa, the build of the 1More Quad Driver, and overall balance of the Sennheiser IE200... and that's among 20 other options within that price range. What I can't seem to figure out is choosing one among these or others! There's so much in the market with such diverse opinions. So, if you can guide me a bit to see which one is the best for the music I listen to, my gratitude will be eternal!

if there is any other that is better than the options I mention, please feel free to tell me!

Mar 1, 2024 at 12:13 PM Post #3 of 7
The Truthear Zero Red have the lowest measured distortion in the price class. It's not full or lush for vocals like the blue, but it is correct. Bass distortion in particular is really low. I prefer the 7hz Zero:2 overall and the Zero Blue for vocals and acoustics though.

Mar 1, 2024 at 6:43 PM Post #4 of 7
The Truthear Zero Red have the lowest measured distortion in the price class. It's not full or lush for vocals like the blue, but it is correct. Bass distortion in particular is really low. I prefer the 7hz Zero:2 overall and the Zero Blue for vocals and acoustics though.
thanks! was out of my periscope, looks like a nice and neutral option! just worried me the low price, I know is not a big thing, but often means low quality materials or durability... the red is in around $50

Apr 6, 2024 at 8:00 AM Post #6 of 7
IE200 is completely overrated. Sennheiser is a well-known company > but that doesn't mean anything. Almost all major audio companies have terrible sounding audio products. (RE800, IE200 is completely overrated. Sennheiser is a well-known company > but that doesn't mean anything. Almost all major audio companies have terrible sounding audio products. (RE800, Effect Audio King Arthur, RHA CL1, Empire Ears EVR Mk2, Campfire IO, JH Audio Diana, some Audio Technica & Westone IEMs, oBravo Ra 21 C ... and many other examples)

I have Hexa and had IE200/IE300/IE600. For me the Hexa wins against all three. However, I like a more neutral-sounding sound with a slight bass boost without exaggeration, which is unfortunately the case with most dynamic drivers.

The Sennheisers also sound very sharp to me, which is tiring after just 20 minutes. When sealed correctly, the Hexa has sufficient bass. Even the resolution is better. Maybe not the widest soundstage, but for me that's secondary.

A 4.4mm cable is connected to the Hexa. is heard on the DX160.

Apr 6, 2024 at 11:27 AM Post #7 of 7
Well I had the Etymotic 4P for a while and while very impressed, I preferred the Sennheiser IE8 more. I thought it had a cool graphite sound. Then I bought more Sennheiser with the same satisfation level basically. I concluded it had to be because the company was older that they improved the sound of the headphones in a longer period of time... so that's what I go by now to purchase headphones - the older the company is the better it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back