Sennheiser IE100Pro - true underdog IEM?
Dec 10, 2022 at 1:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

chortya

100+ Head-Fier
I recieved IE100Pro wireless today and I am blown away! Guys, I had IE900, Sony Z1R and other expensive high end IEMs. Now I am asking myself why?
I guess IE900 had that additional 10-15% improvement (from memory, which I shouldn't even write without comparing side by side), but was it worth 10x the price?
Now I am intrigued by IE400pro and IE500pro. Are they really better or just different?
Could anybody please share experience?

I am in a minimalistic phase currently - no DAP, only good Bluetooth receiver. BTW, IE Pro Bluetooth cable is not bad, background could be a bit darker.

I also have Samsung Buds 2 Pro, and they sound dull and unnatural in comparison with IE100Pro now.

Also compared to CustomArt Fibae7U customs. I am disappointed by Fibae now...

Also I understood that I am DD fan. I couldn't break away from Xelentos but man (repurchased them at some point in time), IE100Pro is just better at fraction of the price. Xelentos had impressive bass and mids but where lacking highs.

Dec 10, 2022 at 1:23 PM Post #2 of 5
If you look up the Headfi YouTube review of the IE300, you'll see Jude give a comparison with the 400 Pro. Maybe that will give you some more context.

Dec 11, 2022 at 6:24 AM Post #3 of 5
There is another good video that compares all IE headphones:

I would also appreciate if anybody could tell me something about True Wireless Momentum 3 in comparison to IE500pro. According to the Crinacle graphs they seem to be very similar.

Dec 11, 2022 at 6:32 AM Post #4 of 5
I recieved IE100Pro wireless today and I am blown away! Guys, I had IE900, Sony Z1R and other expensive high end IEMs. Now I am asking myself why?
I guess IE900 had that additional 10-15% improvement (from memory, which I shouldn't even write without comparing side by side), but was it worth 10x the price?
Now I am intrigued by IE400pro and IE500pro. Are they really better or just different?
Could anybody please share experience?

I am in a minimalistic phase currently - no DAP, only good Bluetooth receiver. BTW, IE Pro Bluetooth cable is not bad, background could be a bit darker.

I also have Samsung Buds 2 Pro, and they sound dull and unnatural in comparison with IE100Pro now.

Also compared to CustomArt Fibae7U customs. I am disappointed by Fibae now...

Also I understood that I am DD fan. I couldn't break away from Xelentos but man (repurchased them at some point in time), IE100Pro is just better at fraction of the price. Xelentos had impressive bass and mids but where lacking highs.
I agree with this so much. I bought the IE100 on a whim, thinking it would be disposable but...wow. Seriously impressive. I really think the IE100 is somewhat like the DT990, performs way above price point.

I also have IE900 and IE400. Is the IE900 worth 10x more? No, of course not. But it is a different tier. IE400 has a warmer tuning and a more refined presentation. Made in Germany, too. IE300 I also had. Similar tuning to IE400 but with less nuance. IE500 I've avoided altogether because FR looks awful.

With IE100, however, they nailed it. The tuning is - for me - close to perfect.

Dec 17, 2022 at 3:49 PM Post #5 of 5
Quick update: I got Momentum Wireless 3 for comparison and will send them back right away. Good that I ordered pre-owned from Amazon Warehouse Deals. Highs are not comparable, overall resolution is also a lot worth then IE100pro.
Again, I am really impressed by IE100pro. Just found pre-owned IE500Pro and compare with IE100Pro personally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back