Sennheiser IE 80 or RHA T20?
Feb 29, 2016 at 5:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

luke100

New Head-Fier
Hi, everyone!
I had the Sennheisers IE 80's for a few months. They were my first high-end pair of headphones and I loved their sound, especially the sound stage (it took a bit of getting used to, though).

But I, being the not-so-smart person I am, lost them somehow and now I'll need a new pair. I know that the IE 80's will be just fine for me, but I started digging up even more info and the RHA T10's are often mentioned as some of the best headphones, and the reviews for T20's praise them as a significant improvement. I also used to own a pair of RHA headphones before - the MA350's are a completely different price range, but I really liked them, too.

So now I'm kind of torn. Should I go with what I already know is great, or should I try the T20's? They won't be used just for music - videos, games etc., general purpose headphones I suppose. I feel like I'd choose the T20's in a blink of an eye, but the lack of detachable cable and the incredible sound stage of IE 80's prevent me from doing that.

Does anyone here have experience with either pair and could share their thoughts? Ideally, I'd love to know how good is the cable and the sound stage on the T20's, or if it's noticeably different from the IE 80's. In general, all thoughts on either pair are highly appreciated.

I should also note that I can get both in pretty much the same price - the IE 80's are ever so slighlty cheaper, though since they're fairly expensive anyway, the difference doesn't matter a lot.

Sep 6, 2017 at 2:36 PM Post #2 of 2
Hi, everyone!
I had the Sennheisers IE 80's for a few months. They were my first high-end pair of headphones and I loved their sound, especially the sound stage (it took a bit of getting used to, though).

But I, being the not-so-smart person I am, lost them somehow and now I'll need a new pair. I know that the IE 80's will be just fine for me, but I started digging up even more info and the RHA T10's are often mentioned as some of the best headphones, and the reviews for T20's praise them as a significant improvement. I also used to own a pair of RHA headphones before - the MA350's are a completely different price range, but I really liked them, too.

So now I'm kind of torn. Should I go with what I already know is great, or should I try the T20's? They won't be used just for music - videos, games etc., general purpose headphones I suppose. I feel like I'd choose the T20's in a blink of an eye, but the lack of detachable cable and the incredible sound stage of IE 80's prevent me from doing that.

Does anyone here have experience with either pair and could share their thoughts? Ideally, I'd love to know how good is the cable and the sound stage on the T20's, or if it's noticeably different from the IE 80's. In general, all thoughts on either pair are highly appreciated.

I should also note that I can get both in pretty much the same price - the IE 80's are ever so slighlty cheaper, though since they're fairly expensive anyway, the difference doesn't matter a lot.

BUMP

Users who are viewing this thread

Back