Sennheiser IE-7 vs Futuresonics Atrio
May 7, 2008 at 4:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

syed786

100+ Head-Fier
anyone here know how is atrio sound compared to sennheiser ie-7 iem,
Iam stuck between these two, dont know which to get really. i know they r both
are in the pro monitoring/stage category.
thanks... all replies r appreciated

May 20, 2008 at 5:25 AM Post #4 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael M /img/forum/go_quote.gif
From my understanding the IE-7's are not out and will not be out until the fall of this year.

Weren't the IE-6 and IE-7 supposed to be out in the Spring? Have they been officially delayed? I guess I should take the IE-7's off my Westone-3 replacement list then!

May 23, 2008 at 8:47 PM Post #5 of 10
I listened to the IE7s at CanJam and fell in love with them. The next day, I pre-ordered a pair from an online retailer which stated they are due in the end of May. I just got a call this week from a sales rep stating that Sennheiser announced a delay until August or later for the release of these.

Aug 31, 2008 at 11:24 PM Post #6 of 10
I ordered from FullCompass month ago. but they said the manufacturer(Sennheiser) has delayed the IE7. We will see it in stores around on Oct.

Jun 8, 2009 at 5:09 PM Post #7 of 10
personally I really wanted to try the Atrio, but after getting the IE7, i never looked back. The sound is warm, pleasing, sound very sennheiser. The bass on the IE7 is much better than my Super fi 5 eb in turns of depth and more pronounced. The mid is amazing and emotional especially with vocal, the high isn't very sparkling, but has a very pleasing large high. I will try the Atrio if I got the money in the future for sure!

Jun 8, 2009 at 5:11 PM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Butter123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
personally I really wanted to try the Atrio, but after getting the IE7, i never looked back. The sound is warm, pleasing, sound very sennheiser. The bass on the IE7 is much better than my Super fi 5 eb in turns of depth and more pronounced. The mid is amazing and emotional especially with vocal, the high isn't very sparkling, but has a very pleasing large high. I will try the Atrio if I got the money in the future for sure!

I had the IE7 and my main problem was the Mid range. It sounded pretty recessed to me. What source are you using? Amp?

The IE7 did have the best bass I have heard in an IEM though!

Jun 20, 2009 at 6:24 AM Post #9 of 10
the mid was recessive? you kidding me? the mid is the selling point of the ie7, but the bass is not the sennheiser's strength. either you got a fake or you are using the wrong tip. mid is vocal, maybe you should burn them in for around 200 hour. i am using an standard mp3 player like an ipod and a zen

Jul 9, 2009 at 10:26 PM Post #10 of 10
Sorry to revive an old thread, but I feel like the original question hasn't really been answered. Can anyone with experience with both the Atrio and the IE7 comment?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back