Sennheiser headphones in the movie theater
Nov 16, 2002 at 8:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

redshifter

High Fidelity Gentility• redrum....I mean redshifter• Pee-pee. Hoo-hoo.• I ♥ Garfield
does anyone have information on sennheiser's wireless headphone systems for the hearing impared in movie theaters? i found these two products:
http://www.sennheiser.ca/rfwirelesshtml/ek3053.html
http://www.lexiconusa.com/Equipment/.../IR/hdi452.htm
the first is an rf receiver and the second is an ir headphone/receiver. would either of these work in a movie theater with sennheiser's wireless system?

my thinking here is you could wear ety's at the movies, getting the soundtrack from a wireless receiver. this way you can concentrate on the movie without being bothered by people talking, cell phones, crying babies, etc. if the receiver had some sort of line out, you might even be able to use an amp or surround simulator. if not, you could use good earbuds like the mx400/500 or e888, and pick up surround sounds from the theater speakers. you wouldn't have to worry about sound leaking from the earbuds because everyone is hearing the same thing.

i read on a dvd forum that luxury movie theaters are being built with comfy leather chairs, drink service, and headphone jacks built into the chairs!

Nov 16, 2002 at 9:03 PM Post #2 of 7
luxury movie theater? each seat should be equipped with its own orpheus then
biggrin.gif

Nov 17, 2002 at 12:27 AM Post #4 of 7
I doubt seriously I'd prefer the Etymotics to a good theater since I prefer my home theater to any of my current headphones for movie watching overall when I'm in the living room in the sweet spot and have the volume at a good level.

I'd rather simply put a bullet in the head of each person who talks or otherwise makes noise in a theater. I believe we should all write our legislators to legalize this necessary act.

Nov 17, 2002 at 1:14 AM Post #6 of 7
yeah but in the movie theater it's so dark it is hard to aim.
very_evil_smiley.gif

seriously, there's got to be someone on these boards who knows something about this sennheiser wireless movie audio technology. i saw some other senn headsets that were like old-fashioned airplane headsets that go under your chin, but with a receiver attached. i'm asking because i am someone who gets distracted easily at the movies by inconsiderate noisy people, and would rather listen to my movies at a volume level i choose.

Nov 17, 2002 at 1:59 AM Post #7 of 7
I REALLY, REALLY hate it when people crunch popcorn or crumple bags!!!!

It makes me want to chop them up and feed them to each other.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back