Sennheiser HE60 / HEV70
Jul 29, 2017 at 4:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

arielext

Headphoneus Supremus
I know it's 2017 but I just won an auction for a HE60/HEV70 combo last week.

After having owned the HD600 and HD580 jubilee (goddamn why did I ever sell those?!) I am familiar with the formfactor of the HE60. I even think one can swap the headpiece and earpads?

I am discovering a new level of eargasms with this headphones, even with the 'bad' HEV70, I don't even think the HE60/HEV70 combo is bass shy like I've read in some other threads here.

How is team HE60/HEV70 doing in 2017? :D

Jul 29, 2017 at 5:13 PM Post #2 of 5
The earpads are different from the Hd6xx series, different shape plastic to connect. And ofcourse pleather instead of velours so different isolations characteristics.

Great set, don’t think I got to try them on my Stax amp at the time but sounded wonderful anyway. Nice to have something exclusive, but sadly I sold them, probably for the Stax 4070 if I’m correct. Then life took over and I downgraded.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2017 at 5:17 PM Post #3 of 5
The earpads are different from the Hd6xx series, different shape plastic to connect. And ofcourse pleather instead of velours so different isolations characteristics.

Great set, don’t think I got to try them on my Stax amp at the time but sounded wonderful anyway.

Why Sennheiser ever thought of using pleather on these and the HE90 is a riddle to me.
Good to know that i don't have to disassemble my HD600 yet :)

Jul 29, 2017 at 5:42 PM Post #4 of 5
I’m sure it was purely for soundquality reasons :p

We sort-of tried getting real leather by a third party (also for HD) but that failed.

Great, now I’m in the ‘regret I sold them’ mood...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back