Sennheiser HD800S Unveiled!
Mar 5, 2016 at 12:35 PM Post #3,571 of 6,504
mmm.....I think this should first be resolved between the buyer and seller. I don't understand the utility of airing this problem until both parties have exhausted all remedies. Hopefully, both parties will come to an amicable settlement. In the meantime, I  suggest that we go back to regular programming.  

Mar 5, 2016 at 12:39 PM Post #3,572 of 6,504
  Now I also find out they left out the cables. So I won't even be able to listen to them when I receive them unless they overnight me the cables (which I have ask them to do). Wow, really not sure what kind of operation they're running over there but I wish I ordered them from Amazon instead. 

I mean what kind of logic goes into a company that opens the brand new headphones and tries them out, then doesn't even put the included accessories back in the box before shipping out to a customer? 

Not sure You want to open box... after You open the delivered box Woo can say that they don't know, what You have done with it...
I would take a call to Sennheiser now, plus e-mail

Mar 5, 2016 at 12:39 PM Post #3,573 of 6,504
Now I also find out they left out the cables. So I won't even be able to listen to them when I receive them unless they overnight me the cables (which I have ask them to do). Wow, really not sure what kind of operation they're running over there but I wish I ordered them from Amazon instead. 

I mean what kind of logic goes into a company that opens the brand new headphones and tries them out, then doesn't even put the included accessories back in the box before shipping out to a customer? 

Maybe try to get the HDVD820 or HDVD 800 for free if they screwed up this badly. They probably won't do this but better start high and see what you can get for free as compensation.

If you don't get free items, then simply ask for a refund.

Mar 5, 2016 at 2:46 PM Post #3,575 of 6,504

Not sure You want to open box...

Would be easier for Woo Audio to contact the courier and request to have the package returned to the sender. Alternatively, the buyer can refuse the delivery and have it returned to the sender. If I paid full price for an open-box item that was missing some of its accessories, I wouldn't want any part of it. 

Mar 5, 2016 at 6:54 PM Post #3,576 of 6,504
You can try sending Woo rep here on the forum:
www.head-fi.org/u/289829/hifiguy528

Mar 5, 2016 at 9:14 PM Post #3,580 of 6,504
mmm.....I think this should first be resolved between the buyer and seller. I don't understand the utility of airing this problem until both parties have exhausted all remedies. Hopefully, both parties will come to an amicable settlement. In the meantime, I  suggest that we go back to regular programming.  

x2

Mar 5, 2016 at 10:28 PM Post #3,582 of 6,504
Apparently the HD800S has higher second order harmonic distortion than the regular version. Tyll tested 4-5 pairs of the HD800S and while they all measured identical, a testament to Sennheiser build quality but it had significantly higher distortion a la HD650.

Mar 5, 2016 at 10:30 PM Post #3,583 of 6,504
Apparently the HD800S has higher second order harmonic distortion than the regular version. Tyll tested 4-5 pairs of the HD800S and while they all measured identical, a testament to Sennheiser build quality but it had significantly higher distortion a la HD650.

I have seen similar measurements from someone else but figured it might be his HD 800 S. Any link to Tyll his measurements?

Mar 5, 2016 at 10:51 PM Post #3,585 of 6,504
Head to pyrateville for more info. Not sure we can mention the website here.

Thanks, I found it. I can't say I'm suprised since I have seen something similar before. I suppose the HD 800 S comes with a free build-in "tube amp" in the bass area? :p

I suppose that's why the HD 800 S has a bass that is a little bit stronger than the HD 800.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back