Sennheiser HD800S Unveiled!
Jan 14, 2016 at 3:30 PM Post #2,687 of 6,514
No the
Thanks for the impressions. Seems to track consistent with what everyone else is saying.

Only caveat is that you can't draw a conclusion that balanced is better, just that the Pioneer sounded better as an amp that the built in amp of the Hugo or Mojo. What dac drove the pioneer?
[/quote

Both Hugo and mojo sounded better then the pioneer,even when using xlr but the pioneer sounded better when you went balanced.

Jan 14, 2016 at 3:46 PM Post #2,688 of 6,514
No the
Thanks for the impressions. Seems to track consistent with what everyone else is saying.

Only caveat is that you can't draw a conclusion that balanced is better, just that the Pioneer sounded better as an amp that the built in amp of the Hugo or Mojo. What dac drove the pioneer?
[/quote

Both Hugo and mojo sounded better then the pioneer,even when using xlr but the pioneer sounded better when you went balanced.

Well, what?
Shabta's one question was What dac drove the pioneer
And my question is: What was a music source/device for DAC?

Jan 14, 2016 at 3:48 PM Post #2,689 of 6,514
No the

No doubt the pioneer sounded better balanced. Every balanced amp I ever heard sounds better when you listen to it balanced. Often times you are only listening to half the amp when you listen SE... But I am not sure I really understood what you are trying to say here...

Jan 14, 2016 at 4:39 PM Post #2,692 of 6,514
No doubt the pioneer sounded better balanced. Every balanced amp I ever heard sounds better when you listen to it balanced. Often times you are only listening to half the amp when you listen SE... But I am not sure I really understood what you are trying to say here...

To correct, pioneer sounded better balanced but still not as good as either chord dacs.
1St place Hugo
2ND mojo
3rd pioneer balanced
4th pioneer unbalanced.

Jan 15, 2016 at 11:27 AM Post #2,695 of 6,514
Many thanks for the feedback. I think I'm going with the Taurus MK2. It seems to handle a wide variety of headphones. Going to talk with my dealer next week.

Jan 15, 2016 at 12:14 PM Post #2,696 of 6,514

mmm.....fresh from my favorite headfi drug dealer, Egghead Audiohub. Looking forward to listening to this at a leisurely pace, but the initial listening session: it is a step-up from the HD 800.

Jan 15, 2016 at 12:20 PM Post #2,697 of 6,514

mmm.....fresh from my favorite headfi drug dealer, Egghead Audiohub. Looking forward to listening to this at a leisurely pace, but the initial listening session: it is a step-up from the HD 800.

Question. On the metal area does it say "HD 800" or "HD 800S"?

Jan 15, 2016 at 12:28 PM Post #2,699 of 6,514
Jus spent 2 hours today comparing the new HD800S to my personal HD800 (anax modded). First tried it with the HDVD 800 in balanced mode and after which the Chord TT in SE ... MY honest opinion is that the HD800S and HD800 are both excellent.  Its a matter of preference... The HD800S you can clearly hear that it has lost some air to it but definitely more reach in the bass section. Having a thicker sound to it. And personally i prefer the HD800 over the HD800S. So thank god i didn't not pre-order. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back