Sennheiser HD800 with ASUS Xonar Essence ST/STX?
Mar 29, 2010 at 8:35 PM Post #106 of 118
the third wire from the right. you must have one free from your PSU, if not, use a molex adopter and free that wire for the ST.

silentmaxx_psu_wires.JPG

Mar 29, 2010 at 8:51 PM Post #107 of 118
Quote:

Originally Posted by wali /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the third wire from the right. you must have one free from your PSU, if not, use a molex adopter and free that wire for the ST.

silentmaxx_psu_wires.JPG

Many thanks for all help

I have just checked, and it was only 1 free from my PSU and it looks like the 3 from right. I have absolutley no knowledge with this tecnically stuff, but to me it looks like the same . Have never heard about molex before

Mar 29, 2010 at 11:08 PM Post #114 of 118
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audi4ever /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ahh, thanks god allah or who whoever
smile.gif

Visit the computer section, that's where all the computer geeks are and there is a huge thread on Xonar ST.

What you need to think about now is which player to use and other settings. so vist the computer section.

Good luck.

Mar 29, 2010 at 11:29 PM Post #115 of 118
Quote:

Originally Posted by wali /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Visit the computer section, that's where all the computer geeks are and there is a huge thread on Xonar ST.

What you need to think about now is which player to use and other settings. so vist the computer section.

Good luck.

Thanks i would probarly need it.

Funny you should mention about the settings, because i wasnt sure to ask now or then i got the card about the best setting for the HP and CD play

Oct 25, 2011 at 3:46 PM Post #116 of 118
I've got the XOnar STX (with stock Opamps) paired with Samson SR-850(all I could affort) and I am satisfied with the combination - though I can see there is room for better; A colleague from work just gave me his HD800 pair for a few days and I'm gonna use it with the XOnar; I will reply with my impressions. (Amateur/budget for the moment, audiophile)

Oct 26, 2011 at 2:31 AM Post #117 of 118
Ok, for me this is the best Hi-fi combinatio that I have ever heard, xonar stx and hd800 - but i must mention that i never listened to a more expensive source than this sound card and this pair of headphones.

I think the sound is balanced and very important that spatialization is awesome and  bass/med/higs are balanced. You will not find here excessive bass or treble in my oppinion. Pls take in account that this is an amateur oppinion. I imagine that there is a differrence with a better source but it must really be much better in my oppinion to feel a differrence.

BTW, i hear sounds that I heard on my SR-850 but i did not realize then that some sounds were actually distinguuished.

Oct 26, 2011 at 2:32 AM Post #118 of 118
Also, I find them a bit uncomfortable.. because of their big size, bt after about 10 minutes you forget you have them on, and all that is left is the music. these headphones are really excellent.

ALso I use foobar with Asus xonar stx Asio setting, but I also use d the equalizer to give the 55Hz and 77Hz 2 extra Db each, I just like a little more bass.

Furthermore, this is for me the first combination where I can perfectly distinguish the instruments from static x, disturbed, devil driver

Users who are viewing this thread

Back