Sennheiser HD800 vs Audeze LCD-X
Jan 26, 2015 at 9:20 PM Post #46 of 55

Agreed that the LCD-X would be a better match for your Lyr 2. 

That's good to know.  I just pulled the trigger on the Audeze LCD-X's earlier.  Can't wait!
dt880smile.png

Jan 26, 2015 at 9:37 PM Post #47 of 55
  That's good to know.  I just pulled the trigger on the Audeze LCD-X's earlier.  Can't wait!
dt880smile.png

I do prefer the LCD-X over the HD800s (except for maybe classical/orchestral music) and orthos + Lyr is usually a winning combination! Congrats!

Jan 26, 2015 at 10:19 PM Post #48 of 55

I do prefer the LCD-X over the HD800s (except for maybe classical/orchestral music) and orthos + Lyr is usually a winning combination! Congrats!

Thank you!  It's a damn good feeling!   Hopefully, it'll be worth it.  
beerchug.gif
beyersmile.png

Jan 26, 2015 at 10:20 PM Post #49 of 55
  Thank you!  It's a damn good feeling!   Hopefully, it'll be worth it.  
beerchug.gif
beyersmile.png

I'm a big fan of the LCD-X...I think you'll be very happy with them over your current headphones! They are in my top 5 headphones of all time.

Jan 26, 2015 at 10:25 PM Post #50 of 55

I'm a big fan of the LCD-X...I think you'll be very happy with them over your current headphones! They are in my top 5 headphones of all time.

Sweet!  Well, they're supposed to come in hopefully sometime this week so I can probably put in my impressions (after some ample burn-in time of course) with my current amp/DAC setup.  I'm already considering a cable upgrade for them in the near future.  I'm looking at WyWires or Moon-Audio's Silver/Black Dragons.  

Jan 26, 2015 at 10:31 PM Post #51 of 55
  Sweet!  Well, they're supposed to come in hopefully sometime this week so I can probably put in my impressions (after some ample burn-in time of course) with my current amp/DAC setup.  I'm already considering a cable upgrade for them in the near future.  I'm looking at WyWires or Moon-Audio's Silver/Black Dragons.  

Their original cables are quite good too. Between the Silver Dragons and Q Silk Cable, I prefer the latter.

Aug 4, 2017 at 12:16 PM Post #54 of 55
I still have the hd800 although I utilize their soundstage for *gasp* a video gaming headphone now mosty. I find that I prefer the Mr. Speakers Aeon to the HD800 for most music except classical. Never have been able to audition an Audeze, but am keeping my eyes out for the upcoming LCD-pro.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back