Sennheiser HD800 UK Stockists
Jan 9, 2009 at 1:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

pjw241142

100+ Head-Fier
Some how I don't think that Sennheiser will be offering Head-Fiers a Group buy on the new HD800s...................

Also if there are unlikely to be any discounts from MRSP in the US (don't even consider Europe given the exchange rate.......) it makes the UK price of £999.99 OK (ish)

Obviously there are a lot of very positive reviews and interest in this. Before forking out this sort of money for these phones I would like to try them out. Does anybody have any idea who will be stocking these in the UK so that they can be auditioned?

Jan 9, 2009 at 1:24 PM Post #2 of 22
Personally I would take a deep breath, stand back and wait for the hype to die down and take a look at the reviews before you decide you want to splash out nearlly a £1000 on a pair of headphones.

I have no doubt that the HD800 will be readily available here in the UK very soon.

Getting Sennheiser headphones here has never been any problem.

Jan 9, 2009 at 3:41 PM Post #4 of 22
Is this £1000 price tag official? Thats crazy...

Jan 9, 2009 at 5:15 PM Post #5 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by mofonyx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm waiting it out until December '09 or Jan '10 to get the headphones. That time second handed pairs will be up for sale, proper reviews and probably a lower market price.

c'mon - one year - You've got some nerves son
biggrin.gif

Jan 9, 2009 at 5:35 PM Post #6 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by anadin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Personally I would take a deep breath, stand back and wait for the hype to die down and take a look at the reviews before you decide you want to splash out nearlly a £1000 on a pair of headphones.

I have no doubt that the HD800 will be readily available here in the UK very soon.

If you are one of the lucky few that owns an HD800 you should have no problems getting it of your hands for the same price you bought it in my eyes.

Jan 9, 2009 at 5:51 PM Post #7 of 22
Why is that? They are not limited are they? If new is readily available, secondhand ones will be cheaper.

Jan 10, 2009 at 11:34 AM Post #9 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by paaj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why is that? They are not limited are they? If new is readily available, secondhand ones will be cheaper.

I don't think there will be enough HD800s at the launch and demand will stay high. Just my prediction.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 19, 2010 at 11:14 PM Post #11 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by anadin /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Them being German I'd hope. They're not on Amazon UK yet...even for a ludicrous price.

Jan 19, 2010 at 11:21 PM Post #12 of 22
Jan 20, 2010 at 12:33 AM Post #13 of 22
Something over £1K is hefty, why everything is +99p.

It'll drop by a lot sooner or later...

Jan 20, 2010 at 9:26 AM Post #14 of 22
FWIW, and I won't name the dealer, but I paid £850 for my brand new HD800s. I have spent good money with this dealer in the past and I doubt just anyone would get any discount, however. And, no, I won't name them in a PM either, sorry. I just wanted to state that, for the record, it *is* possible to get a discount, but that depends on having an alread-established good purchase history with a dealer...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back