Sennheiser HD800 replacement cable
Jun 10, 2011 at 12:30 PM Post #32 of 46

Quote:
so... youre saying i dont know what im talking about or im wrong? i just said i like the twag with my hd800 and youre saying you DOUBT it would be a good match. :p

Neither. 

You did not state that you were using the Twag-2 with your HD800.
Also I was taking into account the issues that t-h-e-p-i-m-p was referring to in his system and in my opinion a silver cable would probably not be the best choice for him in his system.

Most people tend to prefer copper cables with the HD800's and he did ask for a fuller warmer midrange.

Jun 10, 2011 at 7:57 PM Post #34 of 46
I have the SAA Voice hardwired to my HD800 and it met your objectives, warmer sound, fuller sound, no more sibilance etc. But recently I've heard and purchased the Crystal Piccolino from Jaben and I liked it even more than my SAA Voice. It is more liquid, pristine, natural, smooth with better transparency. I felt the difference were significant. I just loved that gold and silver stuff. I recommended the Piccolino only because you were thinking about SAA. Both were expensive stuffs. You can see the picture in the dealer announcement forum.

Jun 11, 2011 at 6:14 AM Post #35 of 46

Quote:
I have the SAA Voice hardwired to my HD800 and it met your objectives, warmer sound, fuller sound, no more sibilance etc. But recently I've heard and purchased the Crystal Piccolino from Jaben and I liked it even more than my SAA Voice. It is more liquid, pristine, natural, smooth with better transparency. I felt the difference were significant. I just loved that gold and silver stuff. I recommended the Piccolino only because you were thinking about SAA. Both were expensive stuffs. You can see the picture in the dealer announcement forum.

[size=medium]
that's sounds Great. how is the voices with this Piccolino cable? if you compare the tone,soundstage,treble,mids,bass and extension between stock & SAA and  Piccolino. how do they compare? i would liked to hear! And i would also love an comparsion like this: 

(This is someone else comparing three cables he got for he's HD 800. i would really loved if you did one, just like this one! but with (SAA,Piccolino and stock) 

Bass quality: silver > stock > copper complement (the copper has a softer, thicker bass that I don't think is as incisive or tight as the stock, but the difference is subtle and overshadowed by its other strengths over stock)

Bass quantity: copper complement > silver > stock (all close)

Bass depth: copper complement = silver > stock

Treble quality: copper complement > silver > stock (copper has a very smooth, non-grainy treble...some treble detail is glossed over though)

Treble quantity: silver > stock > copper complement

Treble extension: silver = copper complement > stock

Soundstage: copper complement > stock > silver (silver has the best imaging/accuracy, but the smallest soundstage size)

Transparency: silver > stock > copper complement (copper is the most forgiving of bad recordings)

Detail/resolution: silver > copper complement > stock

Realism: silver > copper complement > stock (this is silver's greatest strength IMO...voices float around you, instrument timbres are very realistic)" 

i'm thinking about a 850$-1400$ cabel. i'm really wondering if it's worth it. Would you never go back to stock cable ? it's it a silly comparison after trying them to each other? Stock,piccolino,Saa.

- T-H-E-P-I-M-P

[/size]

Jun 11, 2011 at 6:47 AM Post #36 of 46

Quote:
I really like my TWAG-2 cable on my LCD's but being silver I doubt it would be the ideal cable for the HD800's.

For the uneducated here (i.e. me) what is an TWAG-2? 
confused.gif

Jun 11, 2011 at 9:48 AM Post #37 of 46
Jun 11, 2011 at 9:09 PM Post #38 of 46
THEPIMP, I am out of town and do not have access to my cables. Besides, I have not heard the stock cable for a long time. So it is a little hard for me to do those type of comparison. But the Crystal and the Voice has similar amount of bass and bass impact. But the Crystal cable has the best midrange of any cable I've heard, very very smooth and natural. you can listen for hours on the crystal without having fatigue. Though the crystal is basically a silver cable but because of the injection of gold and copper, it has a very smooth and open treble. I found myself enjoy the HD800 likes it is a totally upgraded 800.

Jul 25, 2011 at 7:44 PM Post #39 of 46

Quote:
Injection of Copper? Where did you hear that because the Piccolino is just silver/gold with no copper in it.
I just finished making my 6ft Piccolino cable for my HD800's and i have to say it just blew me away and i'm not even joking here, i dont even know if this is possible buy i'm hearing things in my music i have never heard before and this is by just upgrading the cable, i have the TWag V2, TWspc and Alo cable's and they are nothing compared to the Piccolino, **** this cable is just soooooooo good with my HD800's, gonna make one for the LCD-2's in the next day or two.

Parrots, yes, I was told by the Jaben people that there is some small amount of copper and gold in it.  You just realized what I heard three months ago when I hook up a hd800 through a crystal cable and listen to my portable rig (ipod classic--Solo--DB1--SR71b).  I was not even using balance out to the 800 and my jaw just dropped.  It is like I heard from a full size desktop set up that cost ten times as much.  I have the hd800 for two years now and I have not heard the 800 sounds like that, very pristine and in vivo like.  There is something strange with the match up between the two.  It just bring out the best characteristic of the HD800.  Please tell me if it works the same way with the LCD2?

Jul 26, 2011 at 3:46 AM Post #40 of 46
my experience with the cable for LCD2 and HD800
I am now using the SAA endorphin for LCD2 with both the LCD2 and  the HD800 (I have started a thread to ask if I should use the same cable for much different in character Cans like HD800 and LCD2 ,it ened up the way I let my friend make the adapter for the HD800 ,in order to use the Endorphin for LCD2).
Endorphin cable is for me far better than Cardas cable for HD800 (I used to owned 2 times :p) and the apursound V3 (I've heard my freinds HD800 with apursound V3).The cable adds Bass weight ,more full Mid and even better soundstage (imaging seperation,which is already good by the HD800).
I think Endorphin is a quite neutral cable ,when I compared it to the Zeus cable ,Zeus cable seems to add more treble to the LCD2 that is good for neutral systems (my system is quite bright so I let the zeus go).

Jul 27, 2011 at 7:27 AM Post #42 of 46
I am a newbie here and needed some help.  I have a pair of HD800's and was wondering about the connection options.  I have a Cards cable (and, btw, it does sound better than the stock cable) but have been reading that connecting via a balanced cable really makes a difference.  Can I connect the earphones to the XLR outs of a normal pre-amplifier or DAC or do they need to be connected only to a balanced XLR out of a headphone amplifier?

Aug 17, 2011 at 11:20 AM Post #43 of 46
Hi . I have a similar question. I have one HD 650 with HT ome claro Halo sound card.
I need to buy a cable to my HD 650
I have 3 options :
1- cardas HD 60/650
2- Silver dragon 
3- Alo cable ( alo occ 18 awg or Jena Ultra ? )

What is the best for my headphone ?
I like to listen instrumental ,classic, orchestra ,jazz
 ,old rock like ( Dire Strais ,Elton John ,Toto etc ) .

Thx guys

Sep 2, 2011 at 10:22 PM Post #45 of 46

Quote:
Hi . I have a similar question. I have one HD 650 with HT ome claro Halo sound card.
I need to buy a cable to my HD 650
I have 3 options :
1- cardas HD 60/650
2- Silver dragon 
3- Alo cable ( alo occ 18 awg or Jena Ultra ? )

What is the best for my headphone ?
I like to listen instrumental ,classic, orchestra ,jazz
 ,old rock like ( Dire Strais ,Elton John ,Toto etc ) .

Thx guys

I have Cardas cables (unbalanced) on both my 600's and 800's.  They do make a difference and I am very happy with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back