Sennheiser HD8 DJ vs Akg k267 Tiesto Which one should I buy?
Mar 19, 2014 at 5:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

heyysanadiyom

100+ Head-Fier
Hello everyone , I am Mustafa from İstanbul 
smily_headphones1.gif

first of all , I am a new user in this forum and my english not good but I understand everything which is clear and simple 

anyway :)  

I confused because I want to buy good headphone which is balanced ( bass,mid,tiz ) plus good build quality 

so which one is good choice for me?

Sennheiser HD8 DJ or Akg k267 tiesto

most importantly I always listen to electronic music for example trance , house music ... 

Apr 7, 2014 at 9:44 AM Post #3 of 13
Sennheiser HD8 DJ definitely!

Apr 20, 2014 at 8:04 AM Post #4 of 13
ok , the other thing is that somepeople who is dj say that the hd8 dj is a dj headphone so you can not music in this headphone just you can mix 

??? Do you agree that people , Did you use hd8 dj headphone? 

I hava sennheiser amperior , I love it but I want to hd8 dj because it looks very sexy but I dont know how it give sound :)

Apr 20, 2014 at 10:03 AM Post #5 of 13
To me, they are a really good pair of headphones for listening too. The bass is slightly emphasized over the entire spectrum, but it's not muddy, much like the Amperior.

Apr 20, 2014 at 12:48 PM Post #6 of 13
  ok , the other thing is that somepeople who is dj say that the hd8 dj is a dj headphone so you can not music in this headphone just you can mix 

??? Do you agree that people , Did you use hd8 dj headphone? 

I hava sennheiser amperior , I love it but I want to hd8 dj because it looks very sexy but I dont know how it give sound :)

indeed. They are primarily for dj, not for the casual user. because of impedance for example....

May 16, 2014 at 2:37 PM Post #7 of 13
I say go for it.

May 22, 2014 at 1:08 PM Post #9 of 13
Personally i own a Sennheiser HD8 and after Sennheiser HD 25 Aluminium i am not that impressed... I have heard good things about AKG K267 and dont know... maybe i should try it. :) 
AKG's sound quality seems very good in this test IMO. It was the most close to the original source.

Quote:
  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scTVDcNpMM0&list=UUMyZJifcyFLUjQv553QTQ8w

this may help you...

May 23, 2014 at 12:28 AM Post #11 of 13
dj doesnt need to hear sound like in the source. DJ needs to know how it sounds on the dance floor. Thats why bass boost is good in hd8's remember please about big subwoofers in clubs or party soundsystems.

May 23, 2014 at 4:38 AM Post #12 of 13
Yes kacefirex has right. If you have ever been in a club and played music ther as a dj you know that place is a different world. Much different than listening music at home.
A very good clean sounding headphone can be useless for djs. Djs need good isolation, very high sound levels and non fatiguing high frequencies.
I have tried and owned a lot of headphones For me the best i useful dj tool was the Sennheiser HD 25. They are lightweigth and confortable and natural, but a bit bassy sounding. You can use this hp for djing and gaming or watching movies.

I had have the whole range of HD25s (think i gonna write here a review about dj headphones soon... :). The last one was HD25 aluminium. I loved it, but i was missing bigger bass punch when used it for djing. So i moved to Sennheiser HD8 DJ.
I still think that HD8 is for djs, not necessary to have these cans for general listening. So my suggestion is: if you want a good headphone just go for HD25 or Amperiors. But if you are a professional dj and want to have a clean, but still punchy hp just try HD8.

May 23, 2014 at 5:13 AM Post #13 of 13
@kutizoltan83  thanks bro ,

my friend who are semi-pro dj says that what you said 

if you listen music do not prefer hd8 , hd7  but you can listen with hd6 mix 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back