Sennheiser HD8 DJ Cable and Comfort Issues
Mar 26, 2015 at 5:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

xNightBlazex

New Head-Fier
Hello community of Head-fi and thank you for letting me be here. Being the great community you are, I was wondering if you guys could help me with a few things.

I just purchased and received my HD8 DJ's in the mail a few days ago and I am absolutely loving them. Except on two fronts. 

1. The cables included are just too long and was wondering if you guys know a company that would make a shorter cable for more "casual" use.
2. The headband on the top is just too uncomfortable and bruises my head. If there is any way to improve this or maybe a way to modify the headphones it would be great to know as this is my number one problem with the headphones.
3. If none of these are possible, are their any other headphones out there that can compare with the audio quality and longevity of the HD8s? If I have to return them, I want to know of some other headphones out there in the price range. I am not a DJ, just a person who loves good quality listening with a closed back design that is comfortable for long use.

Thanks much in Advance,
Nightblaze. 

Mar 26, 2015 at 9:03 PM Post #2 of 2
I would think any compatible cable could be used. Is the headphone side a 3.5mm or 2.5mm? As I recall some of the Sennheisers use a very thin diameter plug. I would check ebay or perhaps here: http://www.lunashops.com/

There are aftermarket headband pads, but I'm not sure which one would fit. Check Amazon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back